Ch. 13

We got past a building after leaving the BSAA soldiers and we finally slowed down to a walk. I sighed and reloaded my pistols. Walking through the back alley behind the building, I finally felt my exhaustion sink into my muscles but shook them off forcefully. 'I can relax when all of this is over.' I told myself.

"Did you even see the kind of helicopter they sent after us?" Jake asked. I nodded my head.

"Yeah, a bird like that costs around fifteen million dollars...man, terrorism is lucrative." I mumbled the last part to myself. I walked ahead of the two yet continued to listen to the conversation.

"Maybe they have an oil baron or two in their pocket." Sherry suggested. I shrugged thoughtfully, could be a possibility.

"Oil barons? You know the country Becks and I were in, people think Uncle Sam causes most of the problems in the world."

I silently agreed yet I was never one of those people in our home country. I actually have always dreamed about moving to America. It sounded crazy coming from a seven year old at the time so I had learned to push it to the back of my head yet never forgot it. It was a dream and dreams are not meant to be forgotten.

"Yeah, sure, everyone loves to blame America for everything. We're not the bad guy Jake. Look, these terrorists have unleashed bioweapons on our country too!"

"So the whole world is going to hell." Jake commented.

"You two are the only ones whole can save it.

"Well, shit...as long as there's no pressure, right?" I asked, opening up a door. We all walked through and saw J'avo pass by the entrance without seeing us.

"Becks, here." Jake caught my attention and held out a rifle. "Think you can give us some cover?" I took the rifle in my hands and loaded it.

"Can I? You know I was the best shot in our platoon back in Edonia." I stated cockily before climbing up an escape ladder. Jake and Sherry waited until I got to the top of the building to head out. I set up the rife on the edge of the roof.

As soon as the two walked out, the J'avo began to fire at them. I shot three in the head before one Jake killed burst into flames and hardened into a cocoon. "Oh, my, God...are you kidding me? I freaking hate these things." I spoke to myself as I waited for it to hatch. It did and stood up, facing my brother, ready to shoot its attack at him when I pulled the trigger on the rifle. The gun recoiled backwards as the bullet pierced straight through the B.O.W.

Soon the whole street was cleared of J'avo. I followed Jake and Sherry along the rooftops, occasionally giving support. Honestly, they didn't really need my help, those two would make great partners.

Jake and Sherry went into the building I was on so I decided to go meet up with them. I found the stairway and made my way down to the lower floors. I nearly crashed into Sherry, coming around a sharp corner if I hadn't had ducked and side stepped from the blonde. "Let's go." Jake said, leading the way.

We got to a balcony with a sign in between this building and the next. Jake stepped up to the ledge and jumped into the sign, he was safe until the sign dipped then broke completely. The male fell through a tarp and onto the ground. "Jake!!" I shouted, worrying for my brother's well being.

"Jake!! Are you okay?" Sherry questioned down to the street where the said male slowly but surely got to his feet.

"He's taken bigger spills but then again, he doesn't have those healing factors of yours." I explained. Sherry looked at me bewilderingly.

"How did you know that?" I scoffed at her question.

"Please, it's not like I haven't seen you heal after getting hurt." I stated, raising the rifle and helping Jake take down the incoming J'avo.

Sherry and I finally caught up with Jake although he was doing perfectly fine without us. We got up to some scaffolding in order to get to the next street over. I dropped down after Jake then Sherry came after me. The three of us walked out onto the street, breathing heavily with tiredness when all of a sudden a train passed by, throwing something off of it. The thing hit a sign before falling to the ground hard but it got up nonetheless and hit a oil drum, setting a large area on fire, the area we had to pass to get out of this mess. "Will tonight ever end?!" I demanded bitterly. The lit fire extended further until it surrounded us completely. "Great! We're stuck with a B.O.W. that has a chainsaw and noway of escape."

"That's because you jinxed us." Jake commented, readying his pistol, I did the same.

"So everything is my fault?"

"You said it, not me." Jake explained. I gave the male an 'are you serious' look and Sherry only laughed. "Fine, let's end this son of a bitch and get out of here already." I grumbled.

"Agreed." both of them replied.

A/N: sorry it's so short and it hasn't been a while since I've updated. I've been busy doing homework and study for my finals that are this week. I promise that when I'm on break I will update more often and possibly do longer chapters if you guys want them. Anyways, thank you so much for reading this, I really means a lot, especially with all of the feedback I'm getting. Thank you!!!

~Eve