Ch. 17

"Rebecka...please." those words...they keep playing on repeat through my mind. The look in his eyes crushes me, shattering my heart til there's nothing left, for I know that I am the one who had caused that look of hurt to have filled Piers's eyes. It pains me to know that I did that to him.

I feel my tears stream down my face, the wetness awakening my senses from their drowsy state. My eyes flutter open to see a dimly lit room, which I am place in the center, three feet above the floor. Looking around, I try moving but to no prevail. A small sharp pain pierces my arm every time I attempt to move and looking down I notice a needle is sticking out of me, drawing out blood.

My eyes widen in fear as such a childish thought comes to mind in my panic. 'They're going to suck me dry!' I think to myself as I begin the struggle to free myself from the restraints. I soon give up, upon realizing that my struggling will get me nowhere. I shout out in frustration before dropping my head, tears falling from my eyes at a much faster pace by now.

I sat there sobbing silently to myself. "I'm sorry...I am so, so sorry." I choked out to no one but the empty presence in the room. I let down everyone. Jake. Piers. Finn. Chris. Sherry. Leon. Helena....Mom. She had told me to never leave Jake, to make sure each other are safe. And I did. I've failed her, I've failed everyone. People have been killed because of who Jake and I are, they've been hurt and yet we just keep dragging them into our own problems. Sherry...Piers.

My eyes begin to sting, tears threatening to spill over again and I let them. They stream down my face, splattering on the ground below this time. Piers. Oh how much I want to confess how sorry I am to him, how I'll never be able to do that hurts more than anything. He is my one true regret...I never told him how I felt. That I liked him a lot, maybe even more...maybe I even lov--

I'm snapped from my thoughts as my restraints open, sending me crashing to the floor, the needle ripping from my arm along the way. I land hard on the metal ground, yet I make no move to get up for all my energy has been sapped out of me. To my right the sound of a door sliding open reaches my ears. I shift slightly but nothing too much.

"Rebecka." a voice breathes out, worry evidently laced in his words. Footsteps rush to my side and I feel myself being lifted up from the ground and turned over. A small groan leaves my lips and my eyes flutter open once more. My pale blue eyes meeting his greenish gray ones.

"Piers." I choke out in a voice just below a whisper before tears begin to fall again. I slowly but surely reach up and hug him close, burying my face in the crook of his neck. I feel him rub circles into my back, shushing me and it works. My sobs quiet down but my grip stays strong around his neck.

"It's okay...I got you."

"Why?" I asked, my voice muffled.

"What?" he asked, confused by my choice of words. I pull away from him, being sure to keep a hold on him so I wouldn't fall to the floor. As I stare into his eyes, my brows knitted together in distraught.

"I hurt you...why would you come back for me?" I struggled to ask. Piers's face softens as he reaches up, wiping my tears away with his hands. He holds my face gently with his hands as a small carrying smile spreads across his lips.

"Because...nobody's expendable." he whispers softly to me. A smile spreads across my lips as this time I lean forward and kiss Piers. I caught him off guard since he sat there, frozen like a stone, but as I began to pull away, he pulled back, wrapping his gloved hand up and around the back of my neck and into my hair. His kiss started slow but easily became dominant as we melted into each other with no need of words. Once again we pull apart, this time for much needed air, and I look him in the eyes.

"Thank you." I choke out and Piers pulls me close to him once more.

"You're welcome, but we have to go." he states, becoming serious. I nod in understanding. "Can you stand?" I shake my head, feeling drained just from trying to move my arms.

"I'm drained." I explain ashamedly.

"Alright, come on. Get on my back." Piers orders and I easily comply. He lifts me up from the ground, me getting on his back as his hands grip the bottom of my thighs. He takes off, not before grabbing my pistols and knife, and runs to wherever Chris was.

A/N: I'm so sorry this is really short but I've been super busy and I had to update something.