Ch. 5

~Rebecka's POV~

We headed out of the building and to the streets in a slight jog. Chris and the others were in front while Piers was beside me and Finn behind me.

My side stings but I push away the pain. These men have a mission and I'm not going to delay them any longer.

Soon we were running back into combat against the J'avo. I fired my pistols, landing head shots like it was nothing. It's better than shooting their bodies and having them mutate and become harder to defeat. We forced our way through the enemy, overpowering them quickly. I followed Piers and Chris up into a building where we fought more J'avo. We cleared them out in no time.

"Chris! Over there." Piers informed his captain. I look in the same direction as them and see a door at the other side of a bridge built into the building.

"Alright!" they rush over to the door, me right on their heels. There's a small opening above the door and they turn towards me.

"Seriously?" I ask, my expression dropping. I roll my eyes and they go to boost me up. That's when a loud crumbling sound filled the air. Out of the corner of my eyes I see a ginormous figure barrel out from in between buildings. "The hell is that thing?!" I asked. 'It's ugly!' I shout mentally to myself.

It turns and spots us on the bridge. "Well that ain't good." I remark, stating the obvious.

"I didn't know they came in extra large! How many new species are there?" Piers asks from beside me. The creature picks up a truck and flings it towards us. I go to run out of the way but I notice Piers standing in his spot, frozen.

"Piers!" I shout. I throw my body weight at him, taking us both down to the floor. The truck hits the bridge with little damage and rolls off the side. I look to Piers, a surprised look on his face.

"I think we're even now. Saving each other's lives." I say, I pull him up along with me. "Alright you two boost me up." I order Chris and Piers. They get ready and boost me up to the top of the door. I climb through the hole and land perfectly. A flash of pain goes up my side and I quickly dismiss it.

Chris and Piers are forced to jump off the bridge to the ground below. I watch in horror as the giant B.O.W. climbs over the bridge like a playground. I look around the room and found a shotgun, some ammo and a few first aid sprays. I put the ammo and first aid sprays away for later and grab the shotgun. I then kick the door down and run out to the bridge.

The giant B.O.W. has its back to me. 'Time to have some fun.' I smirk to myself. I run and jump on the creature's back. I fire three rounds off into it's back before it attempts to rip me off. I dodge its attacks with ease and empty three more rounds into its mutated flesh. The B.O.W. goes to slam its back into the side of a building and I jump through the hole that had been blown into it.

I roll then stand in one swift movement and run to the end of the corridor where I jump off the ledge to the ground below. I land beside the others, whipping out my two pistols. "You cease to amaze me Beck." Chris states. I scoff at his statement. "What'd you find in the room?"

"You know the usual, ammo, first aid spray. . .a shotgun." I reply casually. It's Chris's turn to scoff at my words. "Look." I said pointing to the B.O.W's back. A disgusting red pulsing thing spouts from the middle of the back and hangs there. "You think that might be its weak spot?"

"Might as well give it a try. We need to get behind it though." Chris says. I nod.

"Leave that to me." I run off towards the creature. It swats its giant hand down at me. I jump over it, roll and keep running. I sprint between its legs and spin around when I'm directly behind it. I fire both my pistols at its back until either my clips run out or the thing turns around. Lucky for me it turns to face me before my ammo ran out. "Now!!" I shout back to the BSAA soldiers.

They empty their mags on the creature but sure enough it spins on them. As it takes a step it's forced to kneel to catch its 'breath'. I take that quick opening to run up its leg to its back and shoot the red thingy. The beast roars in pain, standing up to its feet. The sudden movement knocks me off. I plummet to the ground below as an armed truck bursts through the gate underneath the bridge and fires at the B.O.W.

I land hard on the dirt ground. The creature roars in more pain and runs off, making a clumsy exit over a building which collapses under its weight. I laugh to myself at how stupid that B.O.W. must be as I push myself up into a sitting position. My back aches from the fall, nothing I can't handle.

"Beck!" Piers shouts, running towards me. 'God I love how protective he is.' I think to myself. He slides to my sitting figure and grips my shoulders. "Are you alright?! God what were you thinking, that was so reckless of you!" he shouts but I could see the relief in his greenish gray orbs. His outburst still catches me off guard however.

"I-I'm alright Piers." I stutter out. He pulls me into a tight embrace and buries his face into the crook of my neck. My skin tingles where his breath hits my bare skin.

"Thank God." he breaths. He pulls away and beams me a small smile. I return the gesture in a heart beat. "Come on." he said pulling me to my feet. He towers over me by three inches at the most. Piers grabs my hand and we rush to catch up with the others. Chris orders Piers to assist him so I'm stuck with Finn. Not like that's a problem, Finn's really nice. He's funny without trying to be but he can also be sneaky which catches me off guard.

We follow the armored truck through a alley.