Just When I Thought

Authors note: Hi, well I'm back. I'm sorry I left you all on hold. I went through some things but I'm better now :)

Well you all deserve a great chapter to read so I'll make sure to give it to you! The plot thickens. 😱

***************************

(Shino Asada)

I take off my nerve gear and sighed. I take one last glimpse in the mirror and noticed my glasses were gone. Huh, that's strange.

Where could they be?

My phone began to vibrate. Kazuto. I smiled to see his text.

Kazuto: (Stay right where you are, I'll pick you up. 😋)

Me: (Ok. 😆)

A knock came from my door. That couldn't possibly be Kazuto. I look through the peephole and see someone I thought I wouldn't see in a while.

"Asuna?" I murmured under my breath. I unlock the door and peep outside. It's really her.

"Asuna?" I asked. Asuna waved awkwardly at me.

"Hi Shino," she tried to respond cheerfully, failing miserably. I frown at response.

"Are you okay?" I put a hand on her shoulder and she shook her head.

"Its just I wanted to talk to a friend," Asuna smiled half hearted.

I open my door further and let the hazelnut beauty in. I look down at my appearance and took a quick glance at her as she walked in. She's beautiful. And I'm, average...

"What's up?" I asked, a bit too worried what this is about.

"I'm pretty sure you know I'm getting married," she started and I nodded in reply.

"Yeah. How's that going?"

***************************

(3rd person)

Shino sat at her bed and Asuna sat next to her.

"Well, I don't know," Asuna sighed and rested her elbows on her knees, her head resting on her hands.

"Asuna," Shino mumbled in worry.

"I want to do this for my mom, you know? But..." Asuna trailed off, unable to finish her sentence.

"But what?" Shino asked, dreading her response.

"But I'm having second thoughts," Asuna admitted, looking at Shino with tearful eyes.

She's beautiful even when she cries, Shino thought to herself.

"You are? How come?" Shino questioned, although she wondered why. She knew she didn't want to know. She was far too afraid to hear.

"I miss Kazuto," Asuna murmured, wiping her tears away. Shino's heart was already a wreck, this broke her hearts foundation. It shook her to the core.

"Really?" Shino almost choked in her tears. Asuna, surprised, held her hand.

"Are you okay?" Asuna asked.

"I'm just sad for you," Shino lied. Asuna smiled painfully through the tears and hugged her friend.

"You're so sweet," Asuna gently smiled and patted her back.

"I am?" Shino asked, slightly shocked.

"Of course, why did you think I came to talk to you?" Asuna let her out of the hug.

Shino shrugged, couldn't find the words to speak anymore. All that went through her head was those three sad spoken words that slipped though Asuna's cherry lips.

I miss Kazuto.

"I know the others like Kazuto. If I'm right, they've been trying to get closer to him lately," Asuna whispered. Shino felt a pang of guilt and nodded, confirming Asuna's theory.

"And if I'm also right, you've been there to comfort him, am I right?" Asuna asked sweetly. Shino let a few tears pass, and dripped down her cheek and nodded.

Not in the way I should've, Shino thought to herself.

"You've always have been a good friend. I knew I could come to you," Asuna placed her hand over Shino's and held it and brought it over her chest, over her heart, which caused Shino to blush from embarrassment.

"Thank you so much. I know it must've been just as hard for Kazuto, as it was for me," Asuna thanked. I lost it.

"So what are you going to do now?" Shino asked, voice trembling.

"I don't know. I need to figure things out. I'll have to talk to Kazuto. I meet up with him in three days," Asuna said.

"In a few days?" Shino questioned.

"Yeah. Kazuto thought it'd be a good idea to meet at our house," Asuna recalled. Shino's hidden fist was trembling and nodded.

"Best of luck to you two," Shino wiped away her tears and regained her composure. Now smiling gently at Asuna, Shino placed a hand on Asuna's shoulder.

"Thank you Shino. I got to go, but we'll keep in touch," Asuna replied cheerfully, now feeling better.

"I'd love that," Shino replied. She led her to the door and before Asuna walked out, she hugged Shino goodbye.

After Asuna left, Shino gradually took her date clothes off and began to change back to her normal clothes. She dragged her feet and lay in bed, not able to cry. She was just motionless in bed, taking everything Asuna said in.

Her phone began to vibrate once again. Her sore eyes stared at the phone screen.

Kazuto: (I'm here 😃)

***************************

(Kazuto Kirigaya)

I tried the elevator but it was occupied and I just couldn't wait. I went up stairs, and headed towards Shino's door.

"Shino?" I called on the other side of the door. Yet I didn't hear a reply. I turn the knob and it was locked. I sighed and bent over to get the key from under the rug.

Please be okay. What possibly could've happened within fifteen minutes?