Friend Request

(Sinon's POV)

He began to equip every thing he needed and for a moment I could only watch.

"You're not going alone, right?" I stood from the floor and by his side. He took one glance at me and shrugged.

"Because I'm coming too," I responded sternly.

"Sinon, we both know you're not best in close combat. You have low HP, you wouldn't be able to handle it," he replied.

"And that's why I'll protect you from afar," I stared straight into his eyes and his eyes averted from me.

"I don't want to lose you," he returned his eyes and met mine. I lifted my hand and showed him the ring he gave me.

"I don't intend to die," I reassured. I took my hand with the ring he gave me and locked my fingers around his, with his dark graphite gem ring, next to my blue gem ring.

"This is a promise, that we'll make it out alive. I don't break my promises, and neither do you," I whispered. He shook his head.

"I've broken a promise before," he murmured.

"I know you have, and despite that, I trust you anyway,"

I knew about Sachi. It was one of the things he told me after he told me about how he killed in SAO. I knew his pain all too well, even if he didn't know I did. I knew the painful guilt of having blood on my hands.

And I also know what it's like to fail to protect someone. My mom. Even if she didn't die, I felt she had. She's merely a shell now. So I have a pretty good idea how it feels like.

"It wasn't your fault," I responded sternly.

"I don't want you to go," he sighed.

"We always knew we weren't going to agree on everything, I never expected that. But I'm going. I'm not letting you go without me,"

He started at our locked hands and gave me a gentle squeeze.

"Its nice to know you have my back," he grinned and placed his hand on my head, caressing my kitty ears.

And a virtual sound interrupted the moment, and a notification popped up on Kirito's player screen.

"What's this?" He pulled down the notification with his finger and the words, FRIEND REQUEST! popped up.

"A friend request?" I murmured, nearing his player screen for a better look.

"Ken," He muttered. His eyes grew darker, and I saw hatred brewing within them.

"He left a message," I pointed out, it was attached to the friend request.

"I'm a bit tired of this cat and and mouse game. Why don't we meet up? Lets finish this once and for all.

-Ken"

We stood silent, and I was a bit confused.

Kirito's finger lingered on the accept button.

"Don't tell me you're going to accept the friend request," I mumbled. He looked at me and nodded.

He pressed the accept button and suddenly, his screen expanded, displaying a map, that automatically was closing in on an location.

"A new friend, how wonderful," we heard Ken's voice. His face appeared at the corner of the screen, and he waved intently.

Kirito scoffed and crossed his arms, glaring at Ken.

"That's no way to look at a new friend," Ken pouted.

"Oh and thank you so much for getting rid of Hikari. She was getting rather annoying. I didn't know how to break up with her, so Sinon did me quite the favor. Give Sinon my thanks!" Ken chimed in a cruel manner.

"Oh, is that Sinon?" He smirked, glancing at me. Elevator eyes, ew. I could sense he was stripping me in his mind.

"What exactly do you want, Ken?" Kirito stepped in front of me, blocking my body from his view, in a protective manner.

"Aw, cmon, you're blocking the view," Ken pouted.

"Ken," I snarled. How could he be so cruel and so perverted? He's terrible.

"Feisty kitty," Ken chuckled. He calmed down his laughter and smirked.

"This location you see in the screen, that's where I'll be waiting," he responded. Kirito's player screen closed on a specific location on his map, displaying a location I've never been to, much less seen. It seemed like the inside of a abandoned palace, marbled floors and a throne made of sapphire, the inside of the palace was overgrown with plant life, mostly blue flowers. But taking a closer look, they were sapphire roses.

"This looks like a boss event arena," Kirito murmured confusingly.

"Oh, it is," he replied rather amusingly.

"That's impossible, unless," Kirito paused.

"I'm the boss," Ken grinned pleasingly. Our eyes widened.

"I sure love hacks and reprogramming," he laughed before he ended the video call, disappearing from the screen all together, leaving our mouths gaping in shock.

"He can't be any tougher though, right?" I questioned under my breath. Kirito shook his head.

"I don't know what to expect anymore," he whispered, taking a worryingly glance at me. My heart sank.

Our odds at surviving this death trap, seemed to get lower and lower.

•••

Short chapter, I know. But no need to worry! As long as I'm here, I'll continue on!

Making longer chapters xD

Until Next Time!

-InGameProdigy