Revenge and The Sorrowful Spirit

(Sinon's POV)

As soon as we finished eating breakfast, I noticed Kazuto had a serious look on his face. As if he was in deep thought

"I was thinking, we should look for them today," he mumbled. Klein patted his back.

"I'm with ya," he said loudly, raising a fist in the air. Everyone seemed to go along with the idea.

"Maybe we should wait for them to come to us?" I suggested. There was an awkward silence that filled the room that made me feel a bit uneasy.

"Last time they came to us, we lost Yui," he replied. His words were cold.

"Alright then, where should we start looking?" I asked, the question slipped my lips and came off just cold and bitter as his words did. He didn't answer.

"Right, because we have no clue," I responded.

"Do you even know what you're suggesting?" He lifted a brow.

My attention came to my surroundings, to our friends around us. They looked worried. Towards us.

We were fighting.

"Its the only sure way we'll see them soon. To stay in the same spot," I remarked. He scoffed.

"I won't let anyone else die, you understand?" He responded. He was genuinely angry, and I'm sure this was revenge that caused him to act this way.

"I know," I tried to soften my tone. I looked at him with pleading eyes.

"But last time you all went out there after him, Yui died. He's tricky Kazuto, I don't think we should look for him. That's what he wants," I tried to convince him the best way I could. He's falling right into Ken's trap, I just know it. Why else would he have killed Yui?

When he killed Yui, I'm sure he knew Kazuto would get this way. Revenge is blinding him from thinking clearly. And he doesn't even know it.

"And I'm doing this for Yui, so Ken won't kill anyone else I care about," he snapped.

I've never fought with Kazuto, not in a serious manner before. And when we did, usually I was the one angry, not him. And he dealt with it so well. How?

Because I'm not doing so great right now. I frowned and crossed my arms.

"No one will die if we stay together, and stay put," I said sternly.

"So we could become a target?" He scoffed.

"What good is it to go out and look if you don't know where to start?" I replied.

He equipped his sword and placed it on his back.

"I'm going out there to look for Ken and Hikari, alone if I have to," he walked towards the door and paused, and took a look back at us.

One by one they all gradually headed for the door, behind him. Except me.

"Sinon," Silica pleaded.

"You're not always right, you know?" I called out to him, one last attempt to wake him up from his revenge state.

"You act like you've already survived an online death trap. I know what I'm doing," he remarked.

He opened the door and walked out, with the other following reluctantly, taking one last glance at me before closing the door.

I sighed and took a seat.

He doesn't even trust my judgment. I stood from my chair and walk towards Yui's room.

I remember which one it was, since last the last time I tucked her in. I walked upstairs and opened her bedroom door, and tears began to flow down my cheeks like a river.

I saw the soft blanket I wrapped around her yesterday. I held it in my hand.

"Your papa is being a dummy right now," I mumbled into the blanket. Silence filled the room for a moment until...

"I know," I heard Yui's voice echo inside the empty room. Startled, I immediately jumped.

"Yui?" I mumbled, looking in all different directions.

"Don't bother," I heard her voice say.

"My body was managed to be deleted, but he couldn't delete me entirely," she mumbled. I was at a loss for words.

"How does this even makes sense, your mama and papa saw you die," I responded.

"Unlike humans who can die, I'm merely data. Data can't die nor be deleted permanently when its online, like this game. He may be smart, but he could never completely delete me," she explained. Trying to wrap my mind around the concept, I understood.

"They are going to freak when they hear you," I said joyfully, wiping my tear stained cheeks.

"They won't be able to," her voice responded sadly.

"What do you mean?" I murmured.

"We've both been affected by that sapphire rose. Which is why we're linked to each other now, that's probably why you can hear me," she replied.

"How do you know that for sure? Maybe they can hear you," I said desperately. It didn't make sense to me. What does the rose have to do with anything?

"No they can't. Because I've been trying all night," her voice sounded as if she were about to cry.

"They slept in my room all night, and I was crying out to mama all night, but she couldn't hear my voice call out to her," her voice sounded as if she was sobbing. I wish her body wasn't deleted because I desperately wanted to hug her.

"I'm so sorry Yui," I responded.

"But then I heard your lullaby. It made me feel more at ease. Thank you Sinonononononon," she mumbled, I laughed at my extremely long nickname.

"I'm sorry Yui. He wouldn't listen to me," I apologized. I hugged the blanket Yui was wrapped in yesterday, and held it close.

"I know. Papa has revenge in his heart right now. It's not your fault," She reassured.

"Revenge has blinded him. But he seemed fine last night," I murmured. I found it odd I couldn't see Yui and only hear her. I didn't know know where I should look when I spoke with her.

"Although Papa was wrong, you were wrong too Sinonon," she said wearily.

"What do you mean?"

"Ken and Hikari. They are tricky. One will come here. One will be out there," she mumbled.

"How would you possibly know that?" I asked, bewildered.

"Sometimes you have to think like the enemy," she whispered, before we heard rustling outside.

•••

Authors note: Tell me what you think. I can take criticism. (╥_╥;)

PS: If your wondering how Kirito looked after he left, picture's right up there 👆

Anyway I'll write soon. Thanks for reading this far into the story. Never would've thought I would get any reads.

So I, InGameProdigy, thank my readers for reading this far. (∩_∩)

To my loyal readers who encourage me to keep writing, thanks :3

Until next time!

-InGameProdigy