Violet Thorns

Authors Note: Hi guys! Another chapter coming at ya. Just know as long as I'm here, I'll continue this story until the very end ( ' ▽ ' )ノ

Hope you enjoy (◎_◎;)

•••

(3rd Person POV)

The rustling outside made the two uneasy, and the atmosphere quickly turned eery and hostile.

For a moment, they hoped for a reasonable explanation. Hoping it was just a monster respawning near the home.

But their hopes soon died when they heard maniacal laughter coming from outside the home.

"I was really hoping you were wrong, Yui," Sinon murmured, as she equipped her bow and arrow, along with her dagger if things went badly.

They heard nails scrape the wall outside, and slowly they followed the sound, heading to the front door.

"Hikari," Sinon growled.

"She can't come in, only those that papa authorized on the his friend list can come inside, which is only a few," Yui reassured. The nails scraping against the wall noise ceased.

Creating tension from the newfound silence caused Sinon's heart to race, hearing it now.

Ba-dump.
Ba-dump.
Ba-dump.

A menacing giggle came from just beyond the front door, that turned into a uproar of laughter.

"Here kitty kitty kitty," Hikari's voice sang.

"Don't open that door, Sinon," Yui warned.

"Aw don't you wanna play with me?" Her voice called. Sinon took a step towards that door.

"Sinonononon," Yui warned.

"Aw come on, let me in," she pleaded, scratching on the front door.

"Or at least come outside and play," Hikari suggested, peeking through the window.

Her face was virtually the same as it was in reality, sweet and cute, although she had a menacing grin take over her lips, and her eyes piercing Sinon's.

I don't want to look into the windows her soul, Sinon grimaced at the thought staring back into her piercing eyes. Afraid of what monstrosities she might might encounter within them. What twisted, tormented, sick thoughts that must go through her mind.

Hikari intently licked her lips, which frightened Sinon a bit.

"Are you going to keep me waiting long?" Hikari questioned. Sinon headed towards the door.

"Sinon," Yui warned. Since her body was no longer physically available, she couldn't do much other than warn her.

"I need to finish this, Yui," Sinon smiled vacantly in the room, not sure where Yui was.

Sinon headed for the door, causing Hikari to giggle with excitement, soon fading into the fog behind her.

Sinon took a hold of the doorknob and slowly turned, opening the door. The house was suddenly surrounded in thick fog.

She took a step out of the home, and stepped out into the fog.

"This is a trap," Yui whispered.

"I know that Yui," Sinon sighed.

"You rely on your vision, Sinon. Why else would she use the fog?" Yui questioned.

"Then be my eyes for now," Sinon whispered.