Claws And The Intruder

(3rd Person POV)

"How is this even possible?" Kirito mumbled. Ken chuckled.

"It happened once before. The man was a genius," Ken said admirably. He smirked at Kirito's disbelief.

"I've studied the man, Kayaba Akihiko, he was a genius, and it so happens, so am I," Ken laughed boastfully.

"But how?" Kirito asked.

"I simply followed in his footsteps, although I had to change it up a bit, codes, the encryptions, the hacks, were a bit different. Not anyone can pull it off," he purred.

"And I'm not just anyone," Ken replied. With a flick of his hand, Sinon lifted her bow and arrow once again.

"Shit," Kirito groaned, trying his best to evade the upcoming arrow, almost piercing his skin.

"Dance, why don't you," Ken smirked, not pointing his finger to Kirito's feet, where Sinon's arrows were now aiming at, causing Kirito to evade them, almost appearing to dance.

"I've had enough," Kirito growled, picking up his excalibur, rushing towards the two. Sinon continued to throw arrows, but Kirito kept slicing and dicing his way through them.

With a grunt, Kirito leaped forward, preparing a horizontal attack, directly at Sinon. Out of instinct, Sinon lifted up her bow, naively thinking it would block such a strong blow.

"Gotcha," Kirito teased. His Excalibur was never meant to slice her in half, obviously, but it sliced her bow in half, now turned into shards of pixels.

"Sorry Sinon, I knew how much you liked that bow," Kirito responded lightheartedly.

Ken lifted his hand.

"Claws up," he commanded, and Sinon drew out her claws and started to swipe. Kirito evaded them.

"Don't be mad, I'll get you a better one," Kirito teased.

"You do realize she can kill you, right?" Ken ridiculed, with a small smirk plastered on his face.

"Definitely," Kirito replied, while evading Sinon's claws. One after the other.

"Then what's with the attitude?" Ken glared, clearly upset at Kirito's lack of fear and worry. Kirito chuckled.

"Is it so weird? I'm happy to see Sinon's face," Kirito said, humorously evading her claws. Sinon, although still under the puppetry ability, blushed at this.

"You're stuck in here," Ken exclaimed rather irritatedly.

"At least we're together," Kirito chuckled, referring to Sinon.

"But she's trying to KILL YOU," Ken snapped.

"Your little mind game won't work," Kirito swiftly evades Sinon's last attack, and immediately pulled the rose from her hair, causing Sinon to stop.

"How did you...?" Ken mumbled. Kirito chuckled.

"You kept your eyes on the rose in particular. Made me think it was of some importance," Kirito shrugged.

"You risked your life, over a hunch?" Ken asked in disbelief. Kirito grinned.

"Kazuto," Sinon murmured, embracing him, as Kirito rubbed her back.

"I'm here," He whispered, causing Sinon to sigh in relief.

"Its not over yet," Ken growled, taking his equipped sapphire sword in his hand.

"You're seriously willing to have a sword duel, with me?" Kirito asked smugly.

"Who said I'd be fighting alone?" He smirked, soon after hearing the leaves bristle in the trees. Kirito and Sinon looked to see a figure was hiding in the trees.

•••

Authors note: Ik ik it's short, I personally believe it's better than no chapter at all. I'm sorryz ╮(╯▽╰)╭

Until Next Time

-InGameProdigy