Misty Fog Get Away

(3rd Person POV)

The pair stared each other down, before a certain blue haired feline made her move, launching an arrow directly at a certain sapphire sword wielding foe.

He immediately dodged the arrow by ducking, soon after Kirito saw an opening, sped towards him, with his legendary sword in his hand, preparing a vertical slash, now leaping, the speedy Hikari intervened, holding up her two daggers, using them as a shield, now against his sword, and a mighty kick to his stomach, she pushed him away.

"Seriously, keep your guard up," she hissed towards Ken, Ken glaring back before charging towards Kirito, with her two daggers ready, now attempting to slice Kirito, one after the other dagger, being either evaded, or blocked.

Feeling a bit out of his element, fighting against someone using two daggers, he gave a glance at Sinon, and she nodded, as if already catching on.

"Switch," he called out, now out of Hikari's attacks, now charging for Ken.

"He doesn't want to play with me?" Hikari pouted towards Sinon.

"I don't either, trust me," she replied coolly, causing Hikari to smile. Hikari charged at her, unable to draw out a bow in time, she simply decided to go without weapon.

With every slash Hikari did, with every thrust, Sinon managed to evade, duck, draw back just in time, lowering Hikari's stamina.

Kirito and Ken's swords clanged, with every clash they had, his legendary sword seemed to have the upper hand, with each clash digging deeper and deeper into the sapphire sword, until it finally broke through it, turning it into pixels, and Kirito finally slashed through and managed to land his attack on Ken, now his HP rapidly decreased.

"Baka," Hikari grunted, rushing away from Sinon, and rushes by Ken's side. She swiftly picked him up, and before Kirito could land his other attack on the two, she blew a kiss, and from her lips came a misty fog, giving them cover to escape.

"Must be one of their hacked abilities," Kirito coughed. Before he could lose sight of her, he rushed by Sinon's side, holding her hand, running out of the fogged forest and into the cave, that led them out.

"Is it just me or did that seem to easy?" Sinon asked, Kirito shrugged.

"All that matters is thay we got out okay," Kirito reassured.

"That you got out okay," he repeated, now cupping her face in his hands. She wore a small smile and her eyes began to tear up.

"I was worried about you," he murmured, rubbing her cheek with his thumb.

"I'm just glad you came," Sinon confessed, now his embrace. He rubbed her back, comforting her, as he always had.

"I'm so sorry Shino," he whispered, burying his face in her blue soft hair. She kept hers in his shirt.

Moments passed by, and they were still in the same position, before Sinon pulled away with a sudden realization.

"Please tell me the whole stuck in the game was a bluff," Sinon pleaded. Kirito sighed.

"Its not," Kirito pulled out his menu, with the log out button still not there.

"Now what?" Sinon mumbled, voice a bit shaky.

"We find Ken," Kirito declared.

•••

(Sinon's POV)

It felt so good to be in Kirito's arms. Finally. Strangely it seemed like it has been ages. And the things I went through felt like an eternity. So to be brought from that living hell, and returned into a blissful state of heaven, in his arms felt like just enough to get me through everything I've been through.

"I'm so sorry Shino," Kirito murmured. This broke my heart. He did all he could. I know he did. Just by being here was enough for me. I felt his face bury itself in my hair.

We passed the time this way until I pulled away, reluctantly, I literally wouldn't mind staying this way. But more serious issues were at hand.

"Please tell me the whole stuck in the game was a bluff," I blurted. This might be just as scary as my experience as a kid with a gun in my hands. Or even worse. I've heard about what happened. Thousands if players killed. And Kirito was one of the few who managed to come out alive. How he has told me about being stuck in that game. All the hardships he's been through...

I'm being incredibly selfish and dumb right now. I'm the one who's frightened, yet he's the one who lived this before.

"Its not," Kirito pulled out his menu, with the log out button still not there.

"Now what?" I mumbled, voice a bit shaky.

"We find Ken," Kirito declared.

From that point forward I saw him in another light. He's basically reliving the hell he went through, yet he seemed calm. Yet I knew better to actually think he wasn't worried. He's only human too. He's not just Kirito the knight. He's Kazuto. A high schooler. And although I know he's brave, he has his own fears. It'd be stupid to think he wasn't worried in the slightest.

"We should go home, check up on Yui on the meantime. Its no use looking for them now. They'll show up on their own," Kirito said, holding my hand.

"How can you be so sure?" I questioned.

"Because, his mission was to get rid of me, permanently. I doubt he'd give up so easily,"

He did look slightly worried. I gave his hand a soft squeeze.

"Hey, its going to be okay," I reassured. He finally took down his wall that tried to hide his insecurities, his fears.

"How can you be so sure?" He asked. I simply gave him a small smile.

"Because we're not alone. We have each other to lean on, to watch each others backs. How can we not be?" I asked, trying to reassure him everything would be okay. I wonder if anyone else had seen this side of him before. Kirito is known to be brave. To be level headed in these situations. Everyone's rock. But did anyone ever bother to be his? To acknowledge that maybe he was scared too?

"I love you Shino," he mumbled, claiming my lips, his for the taking. When he pulled away, his cheeks were rosy. I smiled at this, at his pure personality. We'll be okay. We'll have to be.

•••

Authors note: Ta-da! A not to short chapter! What? Is this possible? Hey I didn't think so either.

Sorry guys if they chapters were really short. I needed to think things through :)

You all know how it is, right?

Until Next Time!

-InGameProdigy