Endings Are Just New Beginnings

I do hope you had a wonderful Christmas, a memorable new years, and a fantastic Valentines day, but if not then that's alright. I think we focus on dates and holidays too much. Instead of treating each day like a holiday in itself. Sorry if that was too mushy, but I don't really understand the hype. But that's just me.

Anyway.

I appreciate all the reads, comments, votes and words of encouragement, although the story has come to an end.

But when something ends, there's always a new beginning ahead.

Please enjoy. 🎵

(If you want audio I picked out myself, just for this chapter, grab some headphones and click that red YouTube button up there.) ☝

•••

Ending's are Just New Beginnings

•••

(Shino Asada)

The early morning was certainly chilly as I shivered as soon as I stepped out the front door.

Suguha was still asleep, curled up in her bed and I didn't have the heart to wake her up. She seemed tired from studying so much the nights before.

Usually Kazuto would take me to school, even though he had already graduated, he still would rise early with me to save me the time it'd take to walk. But, I left him to sleep as well.

I closed the door behind me slowly heading out. I breathed out and saw the crisp white air escape my lips in a fluid motion. My eyes scanned the sky and adjusted to the dim lazy clouds curtaining the sky. I opened my borrowed umbrella Tsuboi let me keep and strolled onward.

The horizon was dimmed with clouds, except a small ray of the sun rise was able to peek through as the rain made pitter patters on the concrete floor and plopping into a few puddles in the patches of green grass beside the sidewalk. I loved this weather, this scenery.

Though I didn't wake up this early to admire the scenery

I wanted to stroll, take me time, to think. With all the madness of exams, and the late night studying, I hardly had time I could enjoy with Kazuto. I frowned at the thought.

He understood, he's been in my shoes just last year. But he always found time for me and managed to pass. But me? I couldn't find the time.

I strolled by the streets, not as busy as they would be later in the morning and enjoyed the peace that came along with the pitter patter that the rain provided.