Let's Make Up

(Sinon's POV)

I stirred in the warm blankets, feeling something even warmer next to me.

I open my eyes and reality was there, waiting for me to wake up.

I'm used to a different reality, a different normality. So waking up to a certain black haired cutie in a online death trap, this is straying far from my normality.

I guess I'll have to make him a part of my normality. I smile at his peaceful face. I move the locks from his eyes and saw him stir a bit.

"Shino," he mumbled. Was he awake? His eyes were still closed. He must still be sleeping. Awww. I poke his nose and he crinkled it on instinct. I giggled.

"Shino," he mumbled again. I decided to kiss his nose, but before I could, his eyes fluttered open, catching me in the act.

"Whatcha doing?" He asked groggily, and a bit mischievously.

"Nothing gets past you," I plopped my head back on the pillow. He stretched his arms and plopped his head on my pillow too, now ignoring his.

"This feels so weird not having Yui here," he mumbled a bit sorrowfully. I nodded.

"You know what?" I mumbled.

"What?" He questioned, now catching his interest.

"Yui didn't want me to get you or Asuna, because she thought someone would die from it. She said you all stood better chance together than apart," I said. He was a bit unresponsive.

"She's one of the most unselfish people I have ever come across," I reassured.

"And I think she learned that from someone," I rubbed his cheek with my thumb. He held my hand.

A knock came from the door and a meek Silica peeked her head in.

"Um, breakfast is ready," she said before scurrying off I'm a rush. We both sighed, to my surprise, since I know how much he loves breakfast.

•••

"How'd you two sleep?" Asuna asked, handing us our plates. She was a white apron and so did Lisbeth.

"Just a few hours," I mumbled.

"Oh?" Asuna asked before sitting down herself to eat a plate.

"We all slept in Yui's room last night," Silica murmured.

"But your singing really soothed us," Lisbeth placed her hand over mine. It did reach them.

"I didn't know you had such a wonderful voice," Klein complimented.

"Oh its not that good," I mumbled, feeling the warmth swarm my cheeks.

"Don't be modest," Kirito added, eating his breakfast.

"It was a beautiful lullaby," Silica chimed.

"It was okay, I guess," Asuna whispered as she took a bite of her breakfast.

"Asuna," Kirito responded sternfully. I shook my head.

"No its fine. Uh excuse me," I stood from the table and walked out the front door.

I thought the misunderstanding had been cleared. I thought she wasn't mad at me anymore.

But why did that hurt me? Its not like she directly insulted the song. But maybe because it just wasn't mine.

"Sinon, wait," I heard Asuna's voice call from behind me. We were in the field clearing just outside when she called out to me.

I turned to her, and saw her approach me, closing the distance between us.

But when she did, she didnt day anything right away.

"What was all that about?" Asuna asked. I didn't know Asuna could be dense. Frustrated, I turned and was about to walk away, until I felt her hand grasp my wrist.

"No,wait," she responded. I faced her again and she wore a guilty frown.

"Look, I'm sorry, about everything," Asuna whispered, gradually loosening the grip she had on my wrist.

"That song. It was my mom's," I murmured. She sighed.

"I didn't know Shino," she said, whispering my real name.

"Do you hate me?" Slipped my lips unconsciously. It felt as if time stood still, because the wind breeze had stopped. The grass stood still. The virtual birds stopped singing. Time stood still and was waiting to resume based on her reply. Well it seemed that way.

"No, its just," she paused. I saw she wanted to put thought into her answer.

"Shino, I don't hate you. I never could hate you," Asuna admitted, sliding her hand from my wrist to my hand.

"Then why?" I asked. She knew what I meant. Although we haven't spoken much after everything that has happened, when we did speak, her tone wasn't very friendly. Her occasional stares weren't either. Although I never tried to make much if a big seal about it since no one else really noticed.

"This is all new to me Shino. You and Kirito. I just have to get used to that," she mumbled.

"Kazuto," I corrected. Although we were I'm the game, I still felt obliged to call him that. He was the one I fell for. Not just Kirito, his avatar. Assuming Asuna read my mind, she nodded.

"Right," she murmured. Out of the blue I hugged her.

"You don't know how worried I was," I whispered. I could tell she was surprised.

"Shino," she mumbled.

"There was moments I had my doubt's. That I felt guilty about seeing Kazuto that way," I confessed. She had to know how worried I was about her. How guilty I felt about the feelings I was feeling. About the things I said and did with him.

"We were broken up, Shino. You didn't do anything wrong," she reassured, hugging me back.

"No Asuna. I've felt this way before your breakup," I whispered. She laughed.

"Stop beating yourself up. I understand you can't control how you feel and who you love. If that were possible, I know you would have done so. Its not like you did anything beyond feeling that way. You never did anything way out of line when Kazuto and I were together," Asuna responded.

We slowly got out if our embrace and smiled at one another. Our eyes all misty, threatening to cry the instant we would blink. We giggled of how emotional we were being.

"You and your mom's lullaby, it was more than alright, it was beautiful," she reassured. I grinned towards her. I knew there wasn't a trace if pity in her compliment. She was genuine. This is why it made me smile.

"Thanks," I mumbled shyly, which as caused her to have a giggling fit.

"Lets go eat breakfast, we have a lot to do today," she smiled. Although I knew there was traces of sorrow left within her, she knew Yui wouldn't want her to mope and continue to mourn for her. I'm sure we all knew that.

•••
Authors note: Sorry if I haven't updated, my brain was I bit fried from the last chapter 😓 Pardon me...

Lol its still a bit fried. I confess 😢

Anyway so here's a nice and sweet friendship chapter with a little Kinon in the intro 😉

More to come soon. More Kinon. More Ken and Hikari. And more angst and revenge. But mostly romance 😁

Until Next time!

-InGameProdigy