1 Day Away

(Kazuto POV)

I take the elevator and head down to my motorcycle. A good memory flashed before me.

When I first picked up Shino from her school on my motorcycle, the other school girls kept asking her if I was her boyfriend, and Shino was so embarrassed.

Maybe I should do that again, we get off break pretty soon. How it passed by so quickly.

I hop on and headed home. All these thoughts rushed at me. One day away.

I groaned as I made a left turn. Why did I even suggest that?

Maybe I should tell Shino, or would that make things worse?

My mind was so consumed with these thoughts. I parked my motorcycle out in front, and quietly opened the front door.

I slowly crept inside, tip toeing, cheesy I know, but it works.

"You're home," Suguha declared. Well it usually works. I sighed and sat next to her.

"So you were sitting in the dark this whole time? Creepy," I teased.

"You were with Shino right?" Suguha questioned.

"Yeah. She wasn't feeling to well so I tried to comfort her," I mumbled. She sighed and nodded.

"Asuna came by," Suguha murmured.

"She did?" I couldn't help but exclaim. Suguha nodded.

"She wanted to talk to you," Suguha mumbled.

"What did you tell her?" I questioned.

"That you weren't home," Suguha leaned back into the couch cushions.

"And what did she say?"

"She'll just talk to you tomorrow," Suguha rubbed her eyes and yawned. She stood and stretched.

"Goodnight," she mumbled. She dragged her feet to her room. I ran my fingers through my hair. This isn't good, why would she look for me?

My phone vibrated.

Shino: (We still up for ALO?)

Me: (Miss me already?)

Shino: ( And you don't miss me? 😌)

I chuckled and sighed.

Me: (I'll meet you there right now)

I walk to my room and get my nerve gear.

I lay in my bed and place it on.

"Link Start," I said, and I entered the virtual world of ALO.

***

(Sinon POV)

I wait where we would usually wait for each other, and two hands covered my eyes.

"Kirito?" I guessed. The pair of hands left my eyes and wrapped his arms around me.

"How'd ya know?" Kirito pouted, meeting his head on my shoulder. I turn my face and kissed his cheek.

"Just a hunch," I shrugged.

"Cmon," he let go if me and held my hand.

"Home?"

"Home," he replied. We headed there and we saw it in the distance.

"Are we going to tuck Yui in?" I questioned.

"She's probably asleep. She goes to bed a bit early," Kirito's replied.

"Then why are we going?"

"You'll see," he looked back at me and gave me a reassuring smile.

We opened the door to the house and he guided me to a room.

"I was thinking that whenever you can't sleep or have a nightmare, I wouldn't always be there in your apartment so I thought," he paused before he opened the door.

It was a huge bedroom, white and blue, and the bed was huge with curtain like sheets hanging over it.

"If you ever needed me, we can sleep here. Whenever you don't want to be alone," he finished. I look towards him and he had a big grin on his face, and nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

I giggled.

"I'd love that," I replied. He looked relived and held my hand and led me inside.

"I redecorated this room entirely," he confessed.

"Its beautiful," I reassured. A sat on the bed and sighed from bliss, now lying down in the soft mattress.

"Like it?" He cooed, lying next to me. I turned to him and nodded.

"I knew you would,"

"Are you even sleepy?" I questioned, one eyebrow raised. He chuckled and shook his head.

"Me either," I giggled.

"Listen, Sinon," Kirito's murmured.

"Yeah?"

"Asuna's coming over tomorrow," he mumbled. I sighed in relief. Not because she's coming over. But because he told me.

I placed my hand on his arm.

"Okay," I replied. He did the same and placed his hand on my arm.

"Its for Yui," he reassured. I smile at his attempts to comfort me.

"I understand," I replied. He looked overjoyed and swiftly hugged me, brining me close.

"Kirito," I gasped.

"You don't know how happy I am to hear that," he murmured. I gently smile and looked at him.

My mischievous tail decided now was a good time to tickle Kirito's nose. He chuckled and almost sneezed.

"Mind of its own, huh?" He teased. I shrugged, still in his arms.

"It likes you," I replied.

"I like it too," he started playing with my tail, and my tail playing along.

Its not even a day left anymore. Its more like a couple hours left. I look at Kirito accepting the fact this might be the last romantic moment I might share with him.

He noticed and stared back, slightly smiled and kissed my kitty ears, and pulled me ever so close. I love you Kazuto. I really do.

***

Authors note: Hey! Sorry I was going to publish this chapter like 2 days ago but Watpad was being a jerk :( wouldn't let me even save the chapter. It even deleted it. Idk how or why. Lol even tried publishing a apology chapter explaining this briefly and that got deleted too. Well sorry for the hold up and I hope you liked this chapter :)

-InGameProdigy