My Love Then, My Love Now

(Shino's POV)

Tsuboi was really good at this. Helping people laugh when they feel like they'll start to fall apart. When they'll start to bawl their eyes out.

***

(Kirito's POV)

I was sitting under a huge tree, watching Yui and Asuna play with the sprite Yui found.

I sighed and closed my eyes. All this brought back memories before the break up.

I wonder what Shino's up to. My attention is brought back to Yui and Asuna. They were no longer in front of me. I heard giggles above me. I look up and see Yui and Asuna hanging from the tree I was under, legs supporting them.

"Hi papa," Yui grinned.

"Hi Yui," I replied.

"Hi," Asuna said sweetly.

"Hi," I mumbled. They both climbed down. Asuna sat next to me and Yui plopped on our laps.

She batted her sleepy eyelashes and made a big yawn before she took a snooze.

"We're going back to school tomorrow," Asuna brought up.

"Yeah," I replied.

"So is Shino going to transfer or what?" Asuna blurted. My eyes widened as I look towards her.

She was slightly amused, I could tell by the look on her face. Her lips curled upward. And raised eyebrow.

"Uh I'm not sure yet," I mumbled. She just shook her head and sighed.

"Its okay Kazuto, I know its her," she mumbled. Shit she used my real name. This means this is serious.

"You do?" I happened to stutter. Idiot. Baka baka baka.

"I didn't want to think it was true. I suspected that something was going on. Shino was also acting weird so," Asuna shrugged. She ran her fingers through Yui's dark long hair. Yui slightly stirred but didn't wake up.

"She was? When?" I questioned.

"Not too long ago. Like two days ago," she murmured. That explains why she was acting so weird when I showed up.

"She should transfer," Asuna mumbled.

***

(3rd Person POV)

Kirito was genuinely surprised. Asuna smiled at his reaction.

"She must feel lonely at that school," she sympathized. Kirito nodded, slightly frowning.

"Its okay. I'm glad its Shino. If it had to be someone else, I'm glad its her," she murmured.

Kirito took a leap of faith and slowly locked his fingers around Asuna's. This clearly caught her off guard.

"You don't know how glad I am to hear that," he mumbled. This wasn't just his past love. But one of his best friends, above anything else.

If that wasn't enough he leaned over and pecked her forehead.

"Once upon a time I loved you Asuna. I fell for a princess," he murmured. She giggled and looked at their locked hands and back at Yui.

"But the knight never really stays with the princess, does he?" Asuna whispered. Kirito shook his head.

"No," Kirito responded.

"Who knew the knight would fall for an archer," Asuna giggled.

"Its a whole new 'fairy tale'," Kirito laughed along with her. Asuna gradually unlocked their fingers and sighed. She leaned back against the tree and looked down at Yui.