I Love You

(Shino Asada)

My cries only became louder when I saw her heartbeat stop on the monitor.

I felt shattered when Kazuto pulled me into a hug, because that only made me realize this was all real. Not some nightmare.

Her body grew increasingly pale, her lips were lacking that vibrant pink color they once had.

Her cheeks no longer that that rosy tint within them. Her face as pale as a sheet.

Her chest no longer rose and fell.

Her arms was limp, hanging there.

Her heart stood still...

And all of this was done so out of my command. I did this.

This is all my doing. Another life I'm responsible for.

But nevertheless, he held me, and whispered just the right words I could ever hear right now.

I love you.

And they were the only words I knew I could hear, any other words at this moment and I would've drowned them out with my cries. The only words that could break through and reach me.

And although he's said these words to me before, they still hold weight in my heart. They always will.

As if every time he utters those three words I love so much, its like hearing them for the first time again. Making my heart swell and flutter. My favorite three words he has ever spoken to me.

"You're not alone," he mumbled, rubbing my back as he spoke softly in my ear. I nodded and leaned on him, he was my strength. My foundation on which I stand, literally.

And without him, I'd come crashing down.

So continue saying these three words to me, Kazuto.

Because I can't get enough of it.

Because I want to hear them.

No.

Because I need to hear them.

Not because I question you.

But those very words heal me.

He softly shushed my cries, and soon my eyes were low on tears, now running on empty, they stopped.

He stroked my hair and told me what I needed to hear.

Peeking over his shoulder I look at the corpse. I look at the body that was my mother. I look at my mom with these puffy bloodshot eyes of mine. And told her the same words being muttered to me.

Goodbye.

I love you.

•••

Sorry this is taking too long. Sorry if the chapter is too short. Sorry if it seems I'm dragging this out for too long. But hopefully you like this chapter. Hopefully you can feel what I feel as I write this chapter.

Thank you all for being patient with me. I promise as long as I'm here, I'll finish this. Thank you, whoever is reading this at this very moment. My readers mean the world to me and more.

Until Next Time.

-InGameProdigy