Open Your Eyes

(Shino's POV)

My eyes opened slowly as they adjusted to my surroundings. I took a deep breath, as if it were my very first breath of life, I sat up and took up my nerve gear with my trembling hands.

I look into the lenses from the outside of the nerve gear, looking at my own reflection.

I had bags under my eyes. I frowned. My eyes looked tired. That's odd. I looked like a pale porcelain doll. All the color from my face wasn't there. I was pale as I sheet.

I look at my surroundings. They never found me. I was still in that basement like room. And my eyes glared at the body next to me. My glaring eyes couldn't help but tear up at the sight of his body right next to mine.

"Ken," I whispered. I reached towards his neck to feel a pulse. But there wasn't any. He was void of life.

I hated what he did to me. Every single thing he did to me. But.

I didn't want to take his life. Just like Kyoji. Even after what he did to me, I still visited him.

It would've been the same for Ken. I hated what he did to me. But I didn't want to take his life.

I place my slender fingers on his near gear and slid it off of his head. I looked at his features. If things were different, could we have been friends?

I sighed. He looked just as pale as I did. I could no longer see his blue sharp eyes. His lips were pale as well.

My fingers touched his cheek and it sent a chill up my spine. He was ice cold. But that I think about it, so was I. Just like corpses.

I felt my body was weak. I haven't eaten. I haven't had any water. I crawled over his body and placed my foot on the floor, then the other, but I instantly fell over, and my body hit the floor.

My face was against the wooden floor. My hands could feel the splinters. This was a really bad floor. I lifted my hands and saw the splinters dig into my skin.

My eyes slightly began to tear as I took them out, one by one. I noticed they were dug into the skin of my arm too.

I sighed. Blood crept out of the very small wounds as I took them out, one by one.

These weren't small splinters. They broke the skin and drew blood. I desperately tried to get to my feet. I couldn't find my shoes anywhere so I was forced to stand on the rough wooden floor.

My body seemed to sway, I barely had the energy to take a step. And my body knew it. I headed to the door anyway, and I soon discovered it was locked. I frowned and gazed at Ken's body. He had a chain around his neck.

I groaned at the pain. My bones ached and my feet had splinters. I reached over to the chain and saw it had a key. I took the key from him and headed to the door and unlocked it.

I sighed when I saw the floor on the other side of the door was a bit smoother.

I took a step out of the room, and I fell. My legs couldn't support my body. I was sitting there, resting my body on the wall of that dark hallway just outside the basement like room.

•••

(Kazuto POV)

I gasped and woke up, and noticed my surroundings were on a hospital.

"Kazuto!" I felt arms wrap around me. I turned and saw Suguha holding me tight.

"Hey Suguha," I replied. She pulled away with tearful eyes.

"Um, Shino's body. Was she ever found?" I murmured. She frowned.

"Everyone is here but Shino, sorry," Suguha's voice trembled. I sighed and patted her head. I began to take everything attached to my arm out.

"What are you doing?" Suguha's eyes widened.

"I'm going to find her," I stood and looked down at myself. I was in a hospital gown. I blushed lightly.

"Uh, you wouldn't have a pair of jeans and a shirt for me, right?"

Suguha picked up a bag beside the bed and handed it to me.

"Thanks,"

•••

I got dressed and rushed out if the hospital. I knew our friends were okay. But Shino has gone days and hasn't been to the hospital. She must be fatigued.

Once I left the hospital, I took out my motorcycle keys and was glad to see it.

Where should I look?

Last she was in Ken's room at his apartment. But before we got there, he managed to get out with Sinon. So he couldn't have gone far...

I headed to his apartment is a rush.

I saw his apartment building in view and parked in front. I rushed inside and my first instinct was to visit the apartment manager.

"Ken? Oh that high schooler, haven't seen him," the manager shrugged.

"Oh," I murmured.

"But the basement keys disappeared around the same time he had,"

My eyes widened. Could it be? He pointed out the path to the basement and went to the lowest floor.

I went down the stairs that lead to a dark hallway. And there's when I saw her, lying on the wooden floor.

"Shino," I raced towards her, kneeling beside her. She was barely conscious.

"I knew you'd find me," she whispered. I noticed her arms were bleeding. So were her feet.

"Let's get you out of here," I lifted her up in my arms. I felt her snuggle closer to me as I held her.

"Ken's in there," she whispered.

"I know," I walked her out of that dark hallway, and into the light.

•••

More to come. I promise.

Until next time.

-InGameProdigy