The Puppeteer

(Kirito's POV)

"Link start," I said, nerve gear already on.

"I'll see ya there," Tsuboi mumbled beside me before my mind warped me into ALO.

Our special place with singing leaves... I dash into the woods, heading to the hidden cave. The torches lit the path, now holding a different light, almost sinister.

I saw the forest clearing and sighed in relief, tears brimming my eyes when I saw a particular blue haired beauty.

"Shino," slipped my lips. Online or not, Sinon or Shino, I was relived to see her. Her back was turned away from me. When I called out to her she turned and I saw her eyes were tearful.

"You're okay," I hugged her, burying my face in her neck.

"You don't know how worried I was," I mumbled. I let her go and looked at her face.

"Sinon?" I questioned. She didn't reply.

"You shouldn't have come," she whispered, tears flowing down her face. I quickly cupped her cheeks and wiped them away with my thumb.

"Of course I'd come, I couldn't just leave you," I reassured. I soon heard laughter coming from the tree's.

"The knight has finally arrived, we've been waiting," The voice spoke.

"Ken," I growled. The brushes rustled, and I couldn't pinpoint his exact location.

"Don't worry Shino, we'll take him down, just me and you," I whispered. She didn't reply.

"Shino?" I turned around just in time, to see a arrow pointed directly at my face.

"Run," she whispered. Ken's laughter just grew louder. She let go of the arrow, and I barely managed to evade it, leaving a scratch on my cheek.

She swiftly pulled out another one, and on instinct I pulled out my excaliber sword. As swiftly as she took the arrow out, she shot it, and I sliced it in half, just like I did in GGO with her bullets.

"What's wrong?" I exclaimed, Shino just swiftly pulled out another, and another, one after the other, I sliced them in half, swiftly as I could.

"Like my new toy?" Ken said from the forest, well hidden.

"What did you do?" I growled. He merely chuckled in delight.

"She's my new toy. You won't believe how much fun we've had," he purred. My hand clenched my sword out of anger.

"Didn't we have fun, Sinon?" The voice called out. Sinon nodded her head.

"What's going on here?" I exclaimed, clearly confused. I saw a very blue figure step out if the brush.

"I'd love to clear that up for you," he smirked.

Instantaneously, I sprinted towards him, Excalibur in my hand, lifting my sword, preparing a horizontal attack, but before I could land a blow, my sword causing a force of wind to go along with it, but Sinon appeared in front of him, arms spread out.

With all the force I had left, I stopped my sword from slashing her in half, just barely a centimeter away from her nose.

"Shino," I mumbled. She pushed the side of the sword away with her finger, no longer facing her.

"Good kitty," Ken cooed, hugging her from behind, wrapping his arms around her waist.

•••

(3rd Person POV)

Kirito glared towards the blue guy who dared wrap his arms around Sinon.

"Don't you touch her," Kirito's voice became deep, with a snarl, Kirito took out his other sword.

"You would slice your ex girlfriend in half?" Ken gasped.

"How could you have liked him?" Ken questioned Sinon. She merely stayed silent.

"Girlfriend. And its not her ima slice in half," Kirito took his stance with both swords in position.

"Good luck getting past my new puppet," Ken remarked, letting Sinon out of his embrace.

"Puppet?" Kirito mumbled. Everything made so much sense now, Kirito thought. Why would she protect her captor? She wouldn't, unless forced to...

•••

(Kirito's POV)

What's with the new outfit and rose? I've never seen her wear those before.

We just stared each other down. Not once did I ever think we would be on opposite sides. I dropped my swords.

"Give up?" Ken smirked. I shrugged.

"That was almost too easy," he laughed. Sinon took out a bow and faced it directly at my head. I raises my arms up. And as soon as she let go the bow, I slid to my knees, dodging it.

"Wow Sinon, you must be lost your touch," I teased, winking.

"Get him," Ken snarled, pointing directly at me. Sinon nodded, swiftly throwing another arrow, and I evaded it once again.

"Gee, what happened to one shot one kill?" I laughed. She continued to throw arrows in my direction. Why am I even dodging these? Its ALO.

I let on arrow piece my arm and it actually really hurt. This sensation felt all too familiar...

"Ahhh," I groaned in pain, holding my arm.

"You really think I didn't consider this?" He laughed maniacally. There's no way...

"Welcome to the new Sword Art Online, the new death trap," he chuckled, lifting his arms up in the air. I look at my HP gauged and its been cut down by a quarter. I quickly pulled out the menu and searched for log out button, but it wasn't there.

•••

Authors note: Sorry guys I was about to post last night but my pinky went numb, making it hard to hold my phone xD

Anyway hope you liked this chapter.

Until Next Time

-InGameProdigy