Chapter seven

Sheri Murphy
All rights reserved ©
Chapter seven

I could see Jasmine walk in through the mirror.  Sometimes just the sight of her really did take my breath away. The way her eyes would sparkle with the right hint of light. How her smile would light up the room.

As soon as we connected with our eyes she did smile. Which in turn always made me smile back weather I wanted to or not.

"Oh! How I hated that when I was mad. Although if I was mad enough I could fight it."

The room was your typical bathroom. White sink and toilet that sat next to each other on the left wall. The shower was straight ahead from the door with a silk pink and grey shower curtain. Pink carpet on a marble grey swirled floor. Pink and grey soap dispenser, toothbrush holder and cup.

As soon as I turned around and she saw my tee shirt, she backed up with a funny look on her face. It took everything I had not to laugh.

I kept a straight face. "What's that look for?" I asked, looking down inspecting my clothing.

She narrowed her eyes and scrunched up her nose. You're not wearing that shirt down there." She said, looking into the mirror inspecting her makeup.

I smiled when she looked away. "Why not?" I wanted to know. Knowing damn well, why not.

She reached her hand up and used her pinky to get something out of the corner of her eye.  When she was done she asked. "Are you serious?" She than leaned up against the door. Crossing her arms across her chest.

I turned around and put my head down to act like I was looking at something on the sink counter. I was afraid that if I haven't of. I would've laughed in her face. However, I wasn't ready to let her off the hook yet. I wanted her to think I was serious.

I jumped up on the counter. What Jazz? What's wrong with it?" I said, looking down at the front of my holy shirt.

She grabbed the brush off of the counter. Ran it through her hair a few times. She looked me directly into my eyes and emphasized. "It's ridiculous." She said, not amused at all. "I'm not going down there with you dressed like that." She shifted her weight from one leg to the other. Before she reached over and placed the brush back on the counter.

I put my head down to look into my lap. "Well honey, I guess it's your loss. I guess you'll just have to stay away from me all night." I looked up and connected with her stair.

She pushed herself off of the door with her foot. "It's my loss now?" She said as I jumped off of the counter. She walked  around me slowly in a circle.

I watched her eyes until she walked behind me. "Yep! I'm not changing my shirt Jazz. If you're that superficial, than I don't know what to tell you. I'm still the same person underneath." When she came within view again, I reconnected with her eyes once again.

She slowed down and took one more last long, hard look before she said, "Oh my God. You are soooo lucky I know you're just messing with me right now." She smiled.

I started laughing and so did she. I grabbed her and encircled her in my arms to give her a hug.

I Pushed her slightly away from me so I could see her face. "Seriously though?" I asked. "You really wouldn't talk to me if I wore it?"

She rubbed her hand along my back. "No, I would still talk to you. I wouldn't like it. But I would still talk to you. I'd Just remind you every five seconds how stupid you look. But seriously? You would really rather wear it then talk to me?" She asked making a pouty face.

I pulled her close to me once more. "No! I would rather talk to you. However, I would wear it if you were really that crazy about it." I leaned forward and brushed her lips lightly with mine.