Chapter eighteen

Sheri Murphy
All rights reserved©
Chapter eighteen

When we got outside I walked over and sat down on one of the next door neighbors little kids Tricycles. Jimmy jumped up on an old abandoned car that sat on the side of the house.

"What's the deal with them two?" He asked as he lit a smoke. Wobbling a little to the left as he placed the lighter back into his pocket.

I watched as his exhale descended into the sky in the shape of a huge ring.

"Are they fighting? Or what's the deal there?" He asked, coming back up into a straight position.

"Not that I'm aware of." I said, lighting one of my own. "She's just letting her know I'm not going anywhere anytime soon."

"Cool!" He jumped down and grabbed a chair. Swung it around and sat on it backwards in front of my trike. Leaned his arms on the back of it and looked me straight in the eyes.

"So, you two have sex yet?" He asked, smiling as if that was okay to ask me.

I just threw a sideways glance in his direction. "You know I'm not gonna tell you that?"

"It was worth a shot." He said shrugging his shoulders.

We bullshitted for a little bit. Than decided to walk over to the nearby apartment buildings. There wasn't really much going on. So we walked back to Jenny's. I stuck my head in the door once we got there.

"Hey!" I yelled.

Jasmine stood up and placed her hand on the side of my face as if she wanted to kiss me. She continued walking past me as if that was her first initial intention. I laughed and I could hear her chuckle behind me. I on the other hand didn't care. But I guess she felt it too soon to do that in front of Jenny.

Jasmine came back with a glass of water. Than took her seat back on the couch where she had been before. I walked over and squeezed my way between Jenny and Jasmine. Squeezing both of their knees. Jasmine placed her hand on my neck and gently tickled. While Jenny laughed. That's when I knew her and I were okay.

Without a word spoken Jenny reached over and hugged me. I looked at Jasmine as if to say, "What the hell?" She just smiled.

"We'll talk later." Jenny said, directing that at me.

I agreed and we carried on with our day as usual. There really wasn't much to do since Jenny couldn't leave until her mother got home. So we just chilled and watched a movie. Jasmine and I laid on the couch and Jimmy and Jenny laid on the floor.

After a few minutes of the beginning credits I asked if it was over. They all looked at me like I was crazy.

So I explained. "When I was little and the opening credits came on. I used to ask if the show was over. I never really payed attention to it. So at first I didn't know if it was ending the old one or starting a new one. "

After a few seconds of the show Jasmine kept pushing against me. I kept telling her to stop. I guess we aggravated them on the floor a few times. Because they both yelled at us to be quiet.

The last time she pushed me I pushed her off the couch. She was laughing and brought me with her. They really got mad than. Because we interrupted their movie.