Chapter fifteen

Sheri Murphy
All rights reserved©
Chapter fifteen

The next morning I woke up to the smell of bacon. I didn't know if anyone else was home. I sat up and looked around to see if Jasmine was maybe behind me on the bed. She wasn't, I grabbed a smoke and my lighter. Lit it and walked to the bathroom. When I got done I made my way into the kitchen.

There Jazz was standing at the stove. I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Good morning!" I said.

"Good morning!" She said, looking up into my face over her shoulder.

I lightly kissed her cheek. Released her so I could pour myself a cup of coffee.

"Smells good in here. You want a cup?" I asked, placing the last spoonful of sugar into my cup.

The light from the window shown on the orange counter top and made me rub my eyes. The kitchen was your usual kitchen. Stove, sink, refrigerator and dishwasher. A few other small appliances sat around amongst each other. The coffee pot was over by the window. Which gave a lovely view of the neighbors house. Not much to look at so needless to say the view wasn't utilized that often.

The cabinets were the usual wood cabinets. I remember sitting onto of those a time or two. I'd have to jump up there to be able to reach something. I believe once I actually had to pee in the sink. I had to go so bad and the bathroom was occupied. I had no other choice. It was that or go outside. And well, I guess I couldn't make it outside. Cause the sink it was.

"No thanks! I got one." Jazz said bringing me out of memory lane. "I figured if nothing else could wake you up. The smell of bacon would."

"Yeah!" I said, "you know I actually peed in this sink once?" I sipped my coffee. It went down the wrong pipe and I started coughing.

"You okay!" She asked flipping the last few pieces of bacon. Laughing at the fact that I had peed in the sink.

"Yeah!" Just a hair ball." I said. "I'll be fine in a minute."

She laughed and plated the last few pieces of bacon. I leaned against the counter and watched as she placed the last few pieces on the paper towel that rested on the plate.

"You throw away the grease from the bacon? Or you like to use it for your eggs? Jazz asked.

I grabbed the plate and walked it over to the table. Where she had laid out two white plates with a blue pattern around the rim. A fork and a white and blue napkin next to each plate.

There was a cocktail fork on one of the napkins. I started laughing.

"What am I supposed to do with this?" I asked holding it up into the air.

She laughed when she saw it. "I don't know I couldn't find anything else."

"Oh!" I said. "That was because of my faze of wearing forks as bracelets. My cousin started it actually and man did my mom get mad. Hence the cocktail forks."

"Ewww!" I said, I don't like to use the grease to cook my eggs with." I  reached for the milk to make a fresh cup of coffee. "No way! That's nasty to use for eggs. Oops! You probably like it huh?"

"Yeah! But it's alright. We don't have to use it." She said grabbing the pan to empty the grease.

"Why? Make yours first. I can make my own afterwards."

She did make her's and carried them over to the table. I took the place behind the stove and started cooking my eggs.

"So, did you sleep good?" She asked me In between bites of her toast.