Chapter 2 - Computer people always make things easier

One week later....

"The teller inside I.D.'d Clyde Mardon as the shooter from Rani's surveillance tapes." Detective West informs to his partner as we walk out of the Central City Bank.

"Christ." Detective Chyre says. "The Mardon brothers are back? Didn't we already put those low-lives in prison?"

"On a ten-to-twenty stretch... which in Central City's warped math comes out to two years time served," Detective West sighs turning as Captain Singh approaches us. "Perps took the bank, hot-wired a parked car to make their getaway. Then for a chaser, they shot Mr. Brian Cunningham here." He says gesturing to the covered body in front of us. "I got unis kicking in doors of known Mardon brothers associates."

"Also, I'm running through the surveillance tapes for the getaway car," I add. "Once I enhance the video back at the station and get a hit on the make and model, I'll let you know."

"Has CSI been over it yet?" Singh questions.

"Um...no." Detective West deadpans.

"Where's Allen?" He sighs.  "Detective, you can't keep covering for him. If he's not here, I'm gonna have to carry on this investigation without him--"

"Sorry, I'm late, Captain Singh!" A very familiar voice says and once I turn I realize why I've heard it before. 

"What was it this time, Mister Allen?" Singh questions. "Did you forget to set your alarm clock? Before you answer, I should remind you, the excuse you gave last time was car trouble. Wanna know why that one was particularly memorable?"

"I do not own a car," Barry answers awkwardly and I do my best to hold in a smile.

"He was running an errand for me." Joe covers. "Barry, did you get me what I asked for?"

"Uh... yeah... I, um... I have it right here." Barry says, checking his pockets, before sheepishly pulling out a half-eaten chocolate bar. "I may have had a few bites."

Joe gestures to the car tracks and Barry gets to work.

"Getaway car is a Mustang Shelby GT-500. Shelby's have a rear super-wide tire specific to that model. 12 inches with an asymmetrical tread. Hmm, there's something else." Barry says, he borrow's Chyre's pen and uses it to pick at a brown substance on the footprints. "Fecal excrement. Animal, I'd guess,"

"My dad gave me that pen. Before he died." Chyre says and Barry turns away awkwardly. "Sorry."

"Allen, head back to the station with Ms. Raymond and work the evidence." Captain Singh orders before turning to me. "I assume you'll have the surveillance tapes on my desk by the time I get back."

"Yes sir," I respond and shut my laptop and wait for Barry to catch up.

"So, I assume your interview went well." Barry comments.

"It did, thanks to you," I smile. 

"So, how have you like Central City?" Barry asks.

"Well, it's a lot sunnier than Starling which I appreciate greatly." I laugh. "Plus my brother and his friends at STAR labs have been a big help at getting used to this area."

"Hold up, your brother works in STAR labs?!" Barry says.

"Yeah, he's their lead engineer," I say. "I'm gonna have to be down there tonight to help with turn on."

"That is awesome," Barry says. "You think someday...maybe you could get me inside?"

"Oh, Mr. Allen it would be my pleasure," I say.