Chapter 6 - Cisco hits me in the head with HP

"You don't really believe he can run that fast do you?" Caitlin asks.

"Well I believe anything is possible," Dr. Wells says. "And in a few minutes, maybe you will too."

"How does it fit?" Cisco asks Barry as he walks out of the trailer and I have to try my hardest to suppress a snort. Thank god I'm not the one in the spandex.

"It's a little snug," Barry awkwardly admits.

"Well at least you'll be moving so fast, no one will see you," Cisco says, patting Barry's shoulder as we walk with him to the starting line

I raise an eyebrow at him, smirking. "Just a little snug?"

"Rani?" He says, looking over at me.

"Yes, Barry?"

"Not another word." He says, trying not to smile. "This was your idea."

"Oh, I am so glad it was," I add before Cisco whacks me on the back of the head with a very large book. "Play nice!"

"Where did you even get that from?!" I exclaim, rubbing the now sore part of my head.

"Now as I was going to say, you thought the world was slowing down, it wasn't," Cisco explains, ignoring my comment. "You were moving so fast, it only looked like everyone else was standing still. Doctor Wells will be monitoring your energy output, and Caitlin your vitals."

"What do you do?" Barry asks.

"I make the toys, man," Cisco says before pulling out an emblem shaped like a lightning bolt. "Check it. This is a two-way headset with a camera I modified. Typically designed to combat battlefield impulse noise, or in your case, potential sonic booms. Which would be AWESOME!"

Barry nods before Cisco heads back to the computers and I follow behind him, giving him a pat on the shoulder as Caitlin goes to make sure his vitals are normal before he goes into full out Sonic mode.

"And don't worry Rani, I got you covered for when it's your turn," Cisco says.

"You what now?" I say turning to him. "Please tell me you didn't make a...wrestling suit or whatever like that for me."

"What? No, of course not. You'd hit me if I did," He remarks moving a big black crate in front of me. 

"I would ne.....yeah I would," I say, unlatching the cover of the crate to reveal a large metal target that is most likely more than just a target if Cisco made it.

"This is an electroconductivity sensor sized up into something like this," Cisco explains. "So you can pretty much just aim your lightning at this bad boy, and we'll be able to measure the volts and power of each one. Plus it will help you to work on your accuracy."

"Cool," I respond beforeI hear Dr. Wells address Barry.

"Mr. Allen, While I am extremely eager to determine your full range of abilities, I do caution restraint."

Barry sets himself up in front of us and Cisco points a speed gun at Barry and I put my hands on the papers on the table. Just in case.

Then he starts running. And all of a sudden he's just a flash of light. Talk about got to go fast. More like got to go already gone.

The force of him running knocks Cisco onto the ground and blows our tent away

The force of him running knocks Cisco onto the ground and blows our tent away. Cisco gets back up and looks at the speed gun. "He just passed 200 knots per hour!"  

"That's not possible." Caitlin murmurs, completely stunned.

I glance down at the computer screen and smile, my hand starting to spark as I get excited. "His vitals all look normal." 

Then I look up right in time to see him crash into the barricades. All of us look at each other, unsure what to say.

"Well......they were normal......until he did that," I say, awkwardly, before turning over to the mic. "Barry? Are you still alive or do I have to fill out all of that paperwork at CCPD on your death?" 

"Nice to know you car-AHhh.....I think I broke my hand." He says.

"You think?" Caitlin deadpans, looking at the screen. He runs back to us, a pained expression on his face. Caitlin sits him down attends to his broken hand while Cisco and I put the target I'm going to be  in place.

"Whenever you're ready Rani,"  Cisco says, hooking the last wire up. "Time to channel your inner Pikachu."

"For real? That's the best reference you could come up with?" I laugh, raising an eyebrow.

"Just shut up and hit the target."

I roll my eyes before looking back at the sensor and taking a deep breath. I hold out my hand and close my eyes, trying to feel for a trigger that I can use to control this power. What was the feeling I had each time I felt the electric pulse?

Awe. Surprise. Happiness

I try to recall and duplicate that feeling, the surprise and amazement filling me up when it happens. 

I feel them. The sparks. The surge of energy.

I open my eyes, and throw my hands at the target, sending a bright blue electric bolt onto the target, causing it to fly backwards further than I thought was possible.

"For real?! I said hit the target! Not fry it!" Cisco calls at me.

"I wasn't aware there was a difference," I call over my shoulder, looking at the damage that just shot out of my hand. "How powerful was that?"

"About 50 thousand volts," Dr. Wells says. "That's the average voltage of a powerful taser. But with a longer duration. Remarkable."

"But that's about five times the average survivable limit. How is that even possible?" I ask and Dr. Wells sits back in his wheelchair.

"That is the million dollar question. For both of you." He says looking between Barry and I. "Cisco, let's pack up the equipment and head back to STAR labs. I think we have some tests to run."

"Please tell me I can actually go to the bathroom before them," I ask, gaining a groan and  snorts from Barry and Cisco.

"For once in your life can you please not," Cisco says, trying to hold in a smile. 

"You've missed out on my bubbling personality for nine months Cisco, I have a lot of catching up to do," I smirk and he whacks me again.

"Hey! Seriously, though, what book even is that?! War and Peace?!"

"Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix."

"No wonder it felt like you were hitting me with a fridge. And I mean that in the nicest way possible."