Chapter 21 - "How's it possible for you to be in two places at once?!"

A/n: Me getting over the season finale of Arrow, Supergirl, and the Flash so I can actually write ^^

Bzzzzzzt Bzzzzzzt Bzzzzzzt Bzzzzzzt Bzzzzzzt

"Rani Raymond if you do not answer that phone then I will!" Elaine calls from the kitchen.

"Elaine!" I exclaim and she chuckles, putting her hands up in defense.I sigh, setting my book aside to pick up my phone and check who's calling.

But I already know exactly who it is. The same person's who has called me every day for the past two weeks since I've been away.

Barry.

Honestly, by now I thought he given up by now, but he's stubborn. Almost as stubborn as I am.

I've answered at least twice and both of those times were to explain why I was extending my stay with my family. I told him that it was because I needed to spend time with them. It's not completely a lie, even though it's mentally been a couple months since I've seen my aunt and uncle, it still feels like forever.

But it's also because I needed the time away. After telling Barry everything I had to hide in my apartment, I needed a moment to clear my head. Or rather...two weeks.

Plus, I needed to explain everything to my aunt and uncle. They deserved the truth after all of these years and I owed it to them. And I told them everything, from Karma to the Flare, to how Ronnie died a hero.

Uncle Edward didn't talk to me for a couple days. But slowly, he came around, so much so that he started asking about all of the technicalities of the suit, where I trained and everything I did in Central City.

If there was any question where the Raymond family got their nerdiness...well now you know.

Elaine, however, she wasn't surprised. I wonder if its some maternal thing but she always knew that I had the tendency to put other's lives above my own.

So when she heard the rumors of a 5 foot 3'' woman running around Starling City with the Arrow, she knew it had to be me.

And she was proud, something I definitely wasn't expecting. But then again, she was an FBI agent in her prime, so I guess it takes one to know one.

"You need to talk to him," Elaine says, snapping me out of my daze. "You've brooded in silence for long enough Rani."

I sigh and swipe answer on the phone, pressing it against my ear. "Hey, Barry."

"Rani! You're alive!" I hear Cisco yell in the background and I chuckle.

"Ignore him," Barry responds, holding in a laugh.

I smirk, "Always do."

"I heard that!"

"Anyway, how are you?" Barry says, his footsteps letting me know he's walked into a quieter room.

"Better...and I actually mean it this time," I respond.

"I'm glad to hear that." He says and I can almost hear the smile in his voice. "Are you coming home soon?"

I glance over at Elaine and Edward, who have both contented themselves with watching me from the kitchen, nod rapidly and I shake my head.

"I'll be back tonight."

"Wait really?!" Barry says, the thrill quickly seeping into his voice.

I smile. "Yeah, I'm coming home Barry."

"Oka-Awesome! I'll see you back at STAR Labs then?"

"Yes Barry, I'll see you there," I respond.