Chapter 24 - I get thoroughly shook and Barry gets thoroughly angry

"How is this even possible?!"

"Maybe when Farooq attempted to drain all of her power away, he inadvertently primed her cells to release her energy in a fashion similar to Barry's. Her body was already in a regenerative stasis just like his."

"So you think she's had the capability to become a speedster-"

"She just needed the right push. Apparently, Mr. Gibran was that push."

"We could have called him Blackout."

"He had a name Cisco."

"All of which is true," I mumble out deciding to make my consciousness known, "but that's not a bad choice in meta names if I say so myself." I blink my eyes open, squinting to adjust to the bright lights of the Cortex and focus on three shocked expressions and an amused one. I pull myself into a sitting position, in less pain than I expected. "So what'd I miss?"

"Welcome back Ms. Raymond," Dr. Wells greets warmly, as Barry flashes to my side of the room and pulls me into a tight hug.

"I was so worried about you," Barry mumbles into my hair.

"Touched to know you care," I respond with a smirk. "You know me, a girl's got to be her own hero every once in a while."

"Funny enough you're not the first person to tell me that tonight," Barry responds as we pull away and I raise an eyebrow.

"Iris say that?"

"How did you-"

"Barry it hurts that you question me like this. I've got eyes and ears everywhere."

"That's not really sur-"

"Also Cisco writes very descriptive updates."

"I knew it!"

I chuckle, relaxing against the side of the medical bed as I notice he's got his Flash suit back on. "Looks like someone got his speed back after all," I remark, pulling away and glancing up at Barry.

"Yeah, speaking of, I'm just not sure what happened. Why didn't he just siphon all my powers like before?" Barry asks, glancing at Dr. Wells.

"Because you stopped thinking about your powers and just connected with them." Dr. Wells responds.

"Look, this is a sample of your blood from just after you were struck by lightning," Caitlin says before showing what supposedly is the new sample. "Now your cells are generating more energy than ever before. That combined with the energy he siphoned off of Rani, it was more energy than the meta could safely handle. It was like he choked on you."

I wince at her wording and I can hear Cisco stifle a snort.

"So what does that mean?" Barry asks, oblivious to our childishness.

"It means you've kicked it up a notch." Dr. Wells responds before glancing at me. "And so have you."

I raise an eyebrow in confusion. "Me?"

"Can I ask if your injuries are bothering you at the moment? I recall you took a number of hits to the head and back."

"Yeah, I feel fine though," I respond. "Just a little sore and a slight headache."

Dr. Wells nods in understanding before glancing over at Barry with a pointed look. Before I can speak out anything, Barry whips one of the lab tablets in my direction and as it flies beside me, the tablet slows down and gracefully spins right next to me, as if all of time slowed down. I walk beside the tablet for a second, noticing the blue flickers of lightning trailing in my wake. I grab the tablet before it can shatter against the wall and my focus comes back to a regular speed.