28 || Training hurts more than cardio

a/n:  DEAR GOD YOUR GIRL JUST COMMITTED TO A COLLEGE AND IM SPOOKED IM NOT READY TO BE AN ADULT YET

how many fillers can I fit into a single chapter?

65K?? you guys are absolutely insane

also I probably don't say this enough but check out @lordmesa on twitter because his art is amazing and I keep using it up there XD

"Look who finally decided to show up," I drawl, as Barry walks into the lab where I've been working for a solid five minutes.

But he doesn't need to know that.

Yes Barry glare at me I've totally been working here for the last hour like said I was.

Definitely.

"You can't say anything, because my dear Rani, I'm not technically late," He states, smiling.

"Well my dear Barry, you're not technically early either," I respond, imitating his tone and he spins my chair in retaliation.

"You're terrible." I laugh, trying to stop the spinning with minimal avail.

"I like to think I make things interesting." He counters.

"So did I miss anything important at your little coffee house meeting?" I ask and Barry shrugs.

"Well apparently the world is about to end," He jokes, getting started on some leftover tests my gaze quickly darts to him.

"WHAT?!"

Barry jumps, startled by my sudden outburst and he realizes his mistake. "OH-kay that was really bad wording, that was a joke because Oliver doesn't listen to anyone but Felicity." He says slowly, trying to hold in some laughter. "She somehow got him to agree to work with us."

"Oh. That would make a lot more sense." I say awkwardly and Barry does his best to hide his laughter.

"Sorry I made you think the world was actually ending." He says, a giggle slipping out of his mouth.

"You can never be too careful," I respond, starting to laugh myself. "Anything else?"

"Uhhh....not really, Iris did beat me up for not telling her I knew Oliver Queen."

"Oh I would have paid money to see the look on her face," I remark, focusing my attention back on my work.

"Uh huh, I wouldn't sound so snarky if I were you," Barry states. "Can I ask you something?"

"You just did," I respond, turning on my computer. "However I will entertain the idea of you asking another question."

"Do you have a three list?"

"...........Barry, I will fight you."

"Is Bucky Barnes on that three list?"

"ALRIGHT THAT'S IT!"

**ayyy time skip brought to you by Barry finding a homemade Captain America shield in Rani's apartment and not really knowing what to do next**

"Hey Rani, do you remember where I put the Casey analysis for Singh?" Barry asks and I glance up from my spot under the desk."

"Filing cabinet," I respond and bite back a laugh. "Other filing cabinet."

"Of course," He huffs and I laugh, turning back to the dismantled router beside me.

"Hey, Barr? Can you pass me some electrical tape?"

"Uhh....." Barry says, and I see him spin full circle from the corner of my eye.