Chapter 8 - A hero is born....well not BORN born....you know what I mean

"So that's my story. I've spent my whole life searching for the impossible. Never imagining that I would become the impossible." Barry finishes as I make myself comfortable on the rooftop vent.

"Did you like, rehearse that first?" I ask out of the blue. "Because damn."

Oliver snorts and Barry stifles a laugh as they both give me a look and I smile innocently. "It's a valid question!"

"You're actually smiling!" I tease, giving Oliver a goofy smirk

"You're actually smiling!" I tease, giving Oliver a goofy smirk. "Would that have anything to do with your date I've heard so much about?" 

"Not a word Rani," Oliver says, shaking his head and smiling, looking toward Barry. "So why come to me? Something tells me you two didn't just run 600 miles to say hi to a friend."

"Well, technically he did the running," I say. "I'm just here for moral support." 

Barry gives me a side glance before continuing on his story. "All my life I've wanted to just do more, be more. And now I am. And the first chance I get to help someone, I screw up. What if Wells is right? What if I'm not a hero? What if I'm just some guy who was struck by lightning?"

"I think I can speak for Rani on this one too," Oliver says, looking over at me and I nod. "I don't think that bolt of lightning struck you, Barry. I think it chose you."

"I'm just not sure I'm like you, Oliver," Barry worries. "I don't know if I can be some vigilante."

"You can be better. Because you can inspire people, in a way that I never could. Watching over your city like a guardian angel, making a difference saving people. In a flash." Oliver says before looking back over at me. "Look after each other."

Barry and I look at each and share a look.

"We will."

Oliver glances between the two of us and sends us his signature half smile. "And Barry, take your own advice. Wear a mask."

After giving us one last glance, Oliver jumps off the roof, shooting an arrow at another building to swing out of view.

"Cool," Barry says before looking over at me with a glint in his eye. "You ready?"

And before I can even respond with a "Wait, what?" Barry picks me up and races the two of us back to Central City. He runs us back to CCPD to pick up some files and unexplained cases before he runs us to STAR labs.

I call Caitlin and Cisco over, making sure Dr. Wells is out of sight. Not that I don't trust him....but he's gonna flip if he knows what Barry and I are gonna try and pull. Like I've seen the meme of that one lady in a wheelchair somehow standing in the alcohol aisle; so I don't want to know how he's gonna be if he finds out.

 Like I've seen the meme of that one lady in a wheelchair somehow standing in the alcohol aisle; so I don't want to know how he's gonna be if he finds out