Chapter 10 - The Passing Out Problem Solved

"You lied to us!" Caitlin yells at Barry as Cisco, Dr. Wells and I simultaneously wince at her volume. "How could you not tell us you're experiencing dizzy spells? We're your doctors. God knows what's going on inside your body. Your cells are in a constant state of flux. You could be experiencing cardiopulmonary failure or a transient ischemic attack!"

Barry looks over to Dr. Wells who simply says, "Mini-stroke; probably not."

"You of all people should know that in science, we share. We do not keep secrets." She finishes angrily before storming out.

"Wow... I haven't seen anyone make her that angry since Ronnie." Cisco adds before going to find her.

"Ronnie as in your brother-" Barry says gesturing to me.

"-and Caitlin's fiance who died in the particle accelerator explosion," I nod.

"Yeah. He is... missed." Dr. Wells says wistfully. "Now... Let's figure out why this is happening to you."

I call Cisco and Caitlin back into the Cortex to start setting up the treadmill as Barry changes into something more comfortable.

"We're all set," Cisco says before heading back to Dr. Wells and Caitlin as Barry eyes up the boxes behind him.

"We thought some padding wouldn't hurt." I smile at him before giving him a pat on the shoulder and heading toward the computers.

"You guys sure about this?" Barry asks and Cisco mocks hurt.

"Dude, really hurts that you question me like this. Most home treadmills have a maximum speed of about 12 miles per hour. This one has been Cisco'd. Trust me. It can handle your speed."

Barry shrugs and starts jogging before working his way up to super speed.

"Anything abnormal?" I ask, peering over Caitlin's head at Barry's vitals.

"Heart rate, blood pressure, nerve conduction all normal," Caitlin observes.  

"For Barry," Dr. Wells adds. 

"Brainwave function within standard limits." Caitlin shrugs as Cisco giggles and slaps my arm excitedly. "I told you the treadmill could take it."

"Maybe he's hungry?" I ask.

A smile grows on Dr. Well's face, "Well done, Ms. Raymond. Caitlin look at the glucose levels."

"Oh, my God. Of course. It was so obvious." Caitlin says, surprised that she didn't see it.

"Barry," Dr. Wells says over the intercom. "We think we know why you keep-"

Barry faints, crashing into the boxes and we wince at the sight.

"-passing out." Dr. Wells finishes awkwardly.

(A/n: Me looking at my grades

(A/n: Me looking at my grades. But in all seriousness Caitlin's reaction faces are the ABSOLUTE best. Her's and Ciscos.........and Barry's......and Joe's........and Eddie's.....pretty much everyone has their awkward moments and its amazing. Now back to the book xD)