Chapter 18 - Grumpy Cat Flash

"Oh my gosh," Felicity exclaims as Barry stops at the entrance to the Cortex, and we almost immediately start squabbling over not letting me out of his arms due to my leg injury. "Is this normal?" She whispers to Caitlin.

"Sort of. They're normally bickering more than this."

I huff, completely oblivious to Caitlin and Fel's conversation. "Barry you put me down this instant.

"Yeah, not going to happen."

"Just because I can't freaking go from 0 to 500 in a second does not mean I can't move my legs or walk."

He shakes his head, setting me carefully on the med-bed. "Rani, Snart shot you in the leg, I'm not going to go and let you make that any worse."

"He shot your chest!"

"I have regenerative healing."

"Nu-uh. So do I. You don't get to use that excuse anymore." I retort.

Barry sighs, shaking his head and sliding up onto the bed next to me as Caitlin walks over with her tools and starts checking our injuries. Barry quickly speeds off of his suit before flopping back down while I just sit as Caitlin wraps a bandage around my leg.

"It's still numb," He says once she's started looking at his injury.

"It's presenting itself like third-degree frostbite," Caitlin responds.

"I thought they had hyper healing?" Felicity asks.

"It's been slowed. If their cells weren't regenerating at the rate they are, the blood vessels would have frozen solid and any nerve damage would have been permanent." Caitlin says eyeing the two of us.

"You're both lucky to be alive."

"Snart wasn't another meta-human," Barry remembers.  "He has some kind of gun. It froze things, slowed me down...if it wasn't for Rani.....we would not have been able to save him."

"According to his record," Felicity adds. "Snart didn't even bother to finish high school, so how did he build a handheld high tech snow machine?"

Dr. Wells sighs, "S.T.A.R. Labs built the cold gun."

"Dr. Wells and Caitlin had nothing to do with this," Cisco speaks up, his guilt written clear on his face. "I built the gun."

"You did?" I ask, not completely surprised.

"Why?" Barry asks, looking a little more hurt than I do at the moment.

"Because speed and cold are opposites. Temperature is measured by how quickly the atoms of something are oscillating. The faster they are, the hotter it is, and when then are cold, they're slower on the atomic level. When there's no movement at all, it's called-"

"Absolute zero." Barry finishes.

"I designed a compact cryo engine to achieve absolute zero," Cisco admits. "I built it to stop you. I didn't know who you were then, Barry. I mean, what if you turned out to be some psycho, like Mardon or Nimbus?"

"Cisco it's alr-" I start to say.

"But I didn't. Did I? Neither of us went crazy Cisco!" Barry snaps and I glance over at him, shocked that he's taking this so personally.

"We built the entire structure you're standing in to do good, and it blew up," Dr. Wells interjects. "In the wake of that, you can understand why Cisco would want to be prepared for the worst."

"I can understand that, but what I can't understand is why you didn't tell me what you did. I mean, after all we've been through, I thought you trusted me. I thought we were friends."