Chapter 9 - "If he's hurt, I'm gonna kill him..."

"This is where all of the cameras feed to?" I ask the store manager and he nods before walking out. Joe walks into the room as I start downloading video and audio onto my department tablet. 

"You got anything?" He asks.

"I have one masked suspect," I say, scrubbing through the footage until it goes completely black as the gunman shoots out the cameras. "Well.......I had one masked suspect." I add lamely, staring at the black screen, before handing it to Joe. "I'll see what else I can work with." He nods before walking out to talk to the Captain. 

It's been a couple of weeks since Barry stopped Mardon on that farm. A couple of incredibly boring weeks. Barry and I have grown a lot closer in these weeks and it's been nice. Other than Felicity and some of our friends from college, I didn't really have that many friends to this kinda change is quite refreshing. 

I've been to STAR labs quite frequently as well either to learn more about my electrokinesis or to help Barry and Cisco out with their.......vigilantics.

It's been fun, and I've upgraded the STAR labs system to listen into fire and police calls so that we're can hear as soon as possible. Is that legal? Probably not, but it's the thought that counts.

Caitlin and Wells don't know about our little plan and believe me it's difficult enough to keep a secret on my own....but with Cisco and Barry who are both terrible liars......well I'm honestly surprised that they haven't caught us yet. Speaking of caught, I have a gunman to track down.

I hit enter on the audio and it finally filters through. This perp might have shot out the cameras, but he missed the mics. I listen through, realizing that we aren't dealing with one person, but multiple people. I smirk and walk out the door to find Barry who finally showed up, scouring the scene.

"Footage may only show one, but it was six guys," Barry says, standing up in his place. "Look, the tracks. They're all crossing each other. Six sets of footprints. Six guns stolen. We should be looking for a crew."

"He's right," I finally say, watching everyone's heads snap in my direction. "Whoever did this, they might have been smart enough to shoot out all of the security cameras, but they missed the microphones on two of them," I say. "I analyzed and cross-referenced the audio and there was definitely more than one person here."

Captain Singh and Eddie nod, slightly impressed while Barry continues to look at the footprints. "Huh... Weird. The shoes, it looks like they're all the same size." Barry comments. "Men's tens, I'd guess. Just like you, Captain." He says, his face immediately changing when he realizes what he just said. "Not that you're a suspect, sir. I--"

Singh and Eddie walk away and I  facepalm. "For real?"

"It just......slipped out."

"Your ability to multi-task is truly remarkable," Joe says. "The way you can embarrass me, the captain, and yourself all at the same time."

"At least Rani didn't get the fall this time," Barry says and I nod in agreement until Joe gives me a look.

"Um.....don't be awkward Barry?" I say, more like a question.

"Get back to the station Raymond," Joe orders. "Don't you have somewhere to be anyway?"

I sigh remembering my duffle bag full of clothes on my motorcycle, "That I do."

------------------

I get out of the taxi, nearly tripping over the curb. What even is my life? I can hit a target at 50 meters with electricity but I can't walk without tripping up the stairs. And in this dress and these heels that Iris specifically asked me to wear, I'm not exactly surprised.