Chapter 3 - Here comes the boom. Literally.

If I had known that all Dr. Wells had to do was a biometrics scan of his hand to start the darn thing I would have fully charged my phone at the station to keep me busy.

"You'd think there'd be, like, a loud bang," Cisco says.

"If there was a loud bang, we'd all be in trouble," Ronnie says.

"Take it from the guy who built it," Caitlin said proudly.

"And talked for hours on the phone about it," I add and we laugh until Dr. Wells speaks up.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we did it." He says and we all start clapping. That's when-BZzzzzz BZzzz

I frown and pull out my phone and look at the caller ID of the person. Unknown Number.

"Excuse me," I say before walking into the hall and sliding my finger over answer. "Hello?"

"Hey, Rani? It's Barry." He says on the other end of the line.

"Barry! Hey!" I say. "Wait, how did you get my number?" 

"Um, I found it in the Police database. Sorry, this is really weird, I know I was just wondering how things are at STAR labs?" He rambles out and I laugh.

"Barry you're fine. And things are pretty calm right now. The particle accelerator is operational and I'm with my friends and brother," I answer before walking into the hallway for more privacy.

"Cool, how did the particle accelerator turn on go?"

"It was pretty insignificant, to be honest. I mean he could have turned on the break room lights and I wouldn't have noticed a difference," I remark and he laughs. And it only takes the sound of his laugh to start mine. Almost as if it's contagious.

"Hey Little R! Get back in here!" I hear Ronnie yell laughing. "You promised to keep me company,"

"Duty calls," I say.

"I'll see you tomorrow at work?" Barry asks.

"Yeah! And maybe this weekend, I can show you around the place." I suggest.

"Really?! That would be awesome!" Barry exclaims and I laugh.

"Glad to hear that. See you tomorrow, Barry."

"Okay. And seriously, thank you  Rani," He says and hangs up. I smile down at my phone and walk back to the Cortex. "What's up Big R?" I ask.

"Who was that?" Ronnie asks, pulling out the overprotective brother mode as Caitlin and I laugh. "No one you need to worry about. He's just a friend. Besides, did you guys finally figure out your honeymoon location?"

Caitlin and Ronnie look at each other and smile. "Tahiti."

"Ooh bring me back a seashell!" I say and we laugh.

"Hold up, if Rani's getting a souvenir then I want one too," Cisco adds and we laugh harder.

"We'll see about that Cisco," Caitlin answers and she shares a kiss with Ronnie as  a harsh thunder silences all of us.

"Was that?" Cisco asks.

"The loud bang." Ronnie finishes

 I look over at Ronnie whose terrified expression matches mine. Cisco, Caitlin and Dr. Wells race to a computer, typing furiously away to see that the hell just happened while I grab part of Ronnie's hand tightly like I used to do when my father would come to visit us.

"There's an anomaly in the core chamber," Cisco says.

"The ring's structural integrity is holding," Caitlin adds.