Chapter 15 - His eyes are green, gas is green everything's green I can't breathe

(Someone please understand the title reference XD)

If it wasn't for the scream I probably wouldn't have gotten myself in this situation. Which is terrible because I can hear Oliver's voice in my head lecturing me about being aware of our surroundings at all times. But to be honest I probably would have walked right by without a second thought.

It was shrill, probably from a woman and my eyes immediately darted from my phone to its source: the elevator in front of me, filled with a bright emerald gas. Almost like the color Barry's eyes just not as eerie.

Huh? Since when did I pay attention to his eyes?

Pushing the thought out of my head, I quickly switch over to my camera and snap as many pictures as I can as the gas fades away revealing the man controlling it. I take one last photo before looking back down at my phone, satisfied.

I got his face. Now when I get back to the station I can run FRS on my laptop to see who the heck this guy is.

I look back up to see that the meta's noticed me.....and my phone.

"Crap," I mutter, trying to casually walk aside, sending a quick SOS text and the picture to the first person that pops up in my contacts, hoping that I didn't accidentally text the pizza delivery place.

I look back over my shoulder and meet the meta's eyes. He bursts into gas and I break into a sprint, heading toward a remote part of the mall so that no one gets caught in this mess.

We were wrong this entire time. This jerk doesn't control poison gas.

He becomes it.

I'm about to look back to see how far away my impending doom is when a flurry of red picks me up and speeds us away into an isolated hallway.

"Are you okay?!" Barry asks doing a quick once over as I get my bearings from the sudden speed trip.

"Damnit I was handling that," I say, lightly shoving his chest, accidently sparking electricity between us again.

"Uh huh, you call narrowly escaping a ball of poison gas handling?" Barry says, giving me a look.

"He's got a point." A rather ominous voice says behind us. Both of our heads snap in that direction to find the meta not even ten feet from us condensing back into his human form. Barry's hand finds it way around my waist and guides me behind him.

"Why did you kill that woman?!" Barry asks the guy.

"She deserved to die." He responds.

"I hardly think you're the judge of that." I snap back, my tone slightly startling Barry. "It sounds more like you had a score to settle."

"Clever girl," He smirks. "Now you two run along, I have one more name on my list, don't make me add you to it."

Barry sets his jaw and speeds towards the meta and swings at him, only to have his fist punch air. Both of us try fighting him but every kick, elbow and punch just sails through him. I'm  able to block like two of his blows, but in the end, I'm thrown against the wall behind Barry. We both stagger to our feet with enough time to watch him burst into gas.

That's when I try something new. I flick my hand in Barry's direction, sending a spark of electricity that hits him square in the chest, sending him through the wall into the next room and out of the path of the poison gas. My other hand throws a stronger bolt at the ball of gas heading towards me.

Okay throwing electricity at a gas? Doesn't sound like a very smart idea but my thought was that if I could make the gas particles move fast enough so that the meta had to form back together to control himself again. Then I could beat him up.