Chapter 5 - STAR Labs? STAR Labs.

One week later.....

"Raymond!"

"Raymond!"

"RAYMOND!"

"For real now?" I groan, before clicking send on an email that should have been sent long ago and racing out of the lab.

"Right here sir!" I say.

"Were you blasting music upstairs again or are you just deaf?" Captain Singh questions. I open my mouth to answer, but close it, realizing I'm out of witty comebacks. Typical.

"Do you have those surveillance tapes yet from the car chase done yet?" He asks.

"Yes sir, I just sent them to you...." I say, looking down at my tablet and discretely type in a line of code. "Ten minutes ago."

"Very funny I checked my......nevermind," He says, realizing that the email was indeed in his inbox, timestamped from ten minutes ago. Thank you, Felicity Smoak for teaching me that move.

"Well, there's a pile of department laptops in my office that need to be fixing." He says.

"Have their owners tried turning them on and off," I mutter out.

"What was that?"

"I will get right to it Captain," I say, faking a smile.

"Good, now go." He orders and I walk off. Once I get the laptops and get back into the lab, I flop down on a wheely chair and let the momentum roll me over to my desk. I hit play on my music and sigh as All Time Low starts playing before getting to work. 

It's been a week since I woke up. One very hard, tear-filled week. Honestly, it's become a cycle. Go to work, eat, breathe, work and eat a little more and then sleep. Cisco and Dr. Wells think I'm coping surprisingly well, but Caitlin, she saw right through my charade. 

I guess it takes one to know one. Absentmindedly, I finger at the necklace Ronnie gave me on my 18th birthday before shaking myself out of my brooding session.

God sakes, I'm starting to become Oliver.

Once I get going with my work, I successfully make it through all of the laptops before the last one just decides not to cooperate.

Getting extremely frustrated and maybe swearing at the computer's existence.........multiple times, I start hitting the enter button, rapidly, until I finally give up.

"You know, hitting the computer rapidly does not increase its productivity," A voice says from the entrance.

"It will if I hit it hard enough." I sass back before turning around to see who decided to bother me. And who I see brings the first genuine smile I've had ever since I learned Ronnie was dead.

"Barry?"

"Hey Rani," He smirks and I let out a little laugh, I run up and envelop him in a hug. I pull away and he smiles, until I hit him hard in the arm. And I swear I felt electricity when I hit him.

Not like the "sparks fly/hopelessly in love" electricity, like real shocking and painful electricity. The same I felt before I passed out for eight and a half months.

"For real?! What was that for?!" Barry says, rubbing his arm.

"If you wanted to go in STAR labs early you could've just asked me!" I exclaim, ignoring the zinging in my hand. "You didn't have to go and get yourself struck by lightning!"

"Sorry?" He asks before I shake my head and laugh before going back to my work. "I'm glad you're awake, I mean it's only been a week for me and its too quiet here."

"Aww,  you missed me?" Barry teases and I roll my eyes and chuck a spare flash drive at him. 

"Don't let it go to your head," I tease, finally getting rid of the virus on this officer's computer. Finally. "Walk me downstairs? I need to drop this stuff off and clock out for the day."

"Sure," He says and I grab the stack of laptops and head downstairs, handing them back to their respective owners.

"Yo Eddie!" I call out. "Stop going to sketchy sites and getting viruses on your computer! It's a real pain to try and outsmart ransomware."

The officers laugh and Eddie hangs his head in defeat. "You never fail on calling us out do you?"

"Nope it's one of the few things that give me joy," I say back, before a gush of wind, blows papers around in the office, I turn around to see a man in handcuffs, screaming at an officer and Barry stutter off some excuse to Iris before meeting my eyes and rushing out of the prescient. I race out of there as fast as I can, following him down the stairs and opening the door out just in time to see him race down the alley, faster than anything I've ever seen.....and crashing into a laundry van.

"Damn it, Allen," I sigh, running after him.

The laundry guy looks between us confused and I sigh, "He's training for a race and can't bank worth a damn."

"Hey!" Barry exclaims and I pull him out of the van before the guy can ask any questions. And when our hands touch, I feel that same electricity again.

"Did you see that?!" Barry exclaims as we walk out the alley, leaving the very confused laundry guy in our wake. "How fast I was running! That was crazy!"

"I'm calling STAR labs," I say, pulling out my phone and grabbing Barry's arm. "Cait and Cisco will probably know what to do. Besides, there's something I want to ask them about."

And almost on cue, a warm sparkle of electricity flickers across my palm.

I look at my hand shocked (no pun intended) before turning back to Barry, who's equal as surprised

"To STAR labs?" I ask, still staring at my hand

"To STAR labs." He shrugs. I hit call on my phone and after three rings, Cisco picks up.

"What's up Little Raymond?!"

"Your time watching The Avengers," I reply.

"How did you know-"

"We think Barry has super speed and electricity just shot through my hand." I blurt out.

There's a pause before Cisco speaks again. "Awesome!"

Oh boy. This is gonna be interesting. Proabably one of us is gonna end up in spandex.

I vote Barry.