s i x

Emilia

Emilia

How awkward is it to be in an awkward situation? The answer is extremely awkward. Being between your twin sister and her boyfriend is not what I expected. I'll give some props to Elena for having the courage and come to talk to a vampire. But I don't give her the props for dragging me here.

"What are you?"

"You know."

"No way, Hozier. Just tell us already."

"You guys do know, or you wouldn't be here." Stefan says, looking between us. "It's not possible. It can't be." Elena says, hurt evident in her voice. "Everything you know, and every belief that you have is about to change. Are you ready for that?" Stefan asks, making me more impatient.

"What are you?"

"I'm a vampire."

"No shit, Sherlock." I roll my eyes as Elena grabs my arm. "We shouldn't have come." Elena says before pulling me to the car. "No. Please." Stefan says, suddenly appearing in front of us. "Oh my god, that's so cool." I awe but Elena smacks my arm.

"Please don't be afraid of me."

"Let us go."

"No. Elena, there's things that you have to know and understand."

"You heard the girl, Salvatore. Let us go!" I yell causing Stefan to sigh and move out the way. "Elena, please." Stefan says, but we ignore him and slide in the car. Elena quickly drives away and to our house.

"How are you feeling?"

"He's a vampire, Emilia. A vampire." Whenever Elena uses my full name, it means I did something bad or I'm in trouble. But right now she's just in a bad mood. "Goodnight." Elena says before pulling up the driveway and jumps out of the car.

I roll my eyes before following her upstairs to her room. "Elena, calm down-" I stop talking when Stefan suddenly appears in the room. Elena freaks out before running to the door but Stefan follows her and slams the door. "Elena. I would never hurt you. You're safe with me."

I scoff, sitting down on Elena's bed and watch the show. To be honest, I think it's cool that Stefan is the vampire. "All those animal attacks, those people who died?" Elena asks, looking fearfully at Stefan.

"No. That was Damon!"

"Damon?" I ask unbelievably as Stefan looks back at me and nods. "Yes. I don't drink human blood. That's not how I choose to survive, but Damon does! I'll explain everything to you, but I beg you, Elena, do not tell anybody."