t w e n t y

Emilia

Emilia

Walking through the woods again had my throat clogged up the whole trip to the tomb. My history with the woods isn't something I'd want to remember every time I walk through the woods.

The Duke's Party was in the middle of the woods, about ten minutes away from the tomb. Students were everywhere chatting and drinking, a lot of drinking.

Damon and I thankfully passed the crowded party without causing any harm to ourselves. We bumped into Matt and Caroline on the way and obviously Caroline was trying to make Damon jealous, by grabbing Matt's hand.

Little did she knows that Damon doesn't care about anything other than himself and Katherine.

We were now half way through the woods and so close to the tomb, we can hear what they're saying. "Are you sure that Damon will come back with her?" I heard Bonnie's grandmother ask. Damon chuckles before whistling, causing all of then to turn and look at us.

"Elena. Brother. Witches."

Damon strides past them with the grimoire, while I trudge along behind him. Damon descends the stairs as Elena walks over to me, "Everything okay?"

"Yeah, just a headache. So, let's just get this over with. Are we ready?" I ask, looking at all of them. "I guess so." Bonnie says, shrugging.

I nod before we all descend the stairs to the tomb where Damon is already waiting. There are torch sticks around the center that are unlighted, but suddenly fire flames flow upwards causing my heart to skip two beats.

Sheila, Bonnie's grandmother, and Bonnie walk to the center next to each other, while Damon, Stefan, Elena, and I stand and watch from the entrance. "Air. Earth. Fire."

"Water." Bonnie says handing Sheila a water bottle, which Sheila takes and sprinkles it on the floor. "That's it? Just water from the tap?" Elena asks, shockingly.

"As opposed to what?" Sheila asks. "I just figured maybe it would have to be blessed or mystical or something." Elena answers, shrugging a shoulder.

I look back at Damon as he pulls out a blood bag and unravels it. "Ew, Damon what the hell is that?" I scrunch my face up in disgust.

"It's for Katherine, gotta have something to get her going. Unless you're offering a vein to tap."

I look at him unamused as he whispers to me, "Admit it — you can't wait to get rid of me." I chuckle, "I can't wait to get rid of you."