t w e l v e

Emilia

Emilia

When you have a near death experience, everything stops. Your surroundings, your body, your blinking, the rush of your blood through your veins, the thinking, and your breath getting knocked out of you. You feel like that's it and your going to die. That your funeral will be the next day and everybody would be wearing black.

The only thing that made me happy in that moment, was that I'd finally be able to be beside my parents. When they died I thought why can't I die and go with them, and we'll live our lives together like a family. But when you think about it, your parents wouldn't want that. They want the best for you, and if you keep living you keep making them happy.

So when the man starting approaching us like we were his prey; all those thoughts flew out the broken windows. The man was wearing all black like he was some criminal emo. It all became scarier when his feet stopped in front of the broken windshield, but something happened and the man ran away with his Vamp speed.

Fear consume me when the feet come back, and I let it all out. I let the strangled scream that jailed it self into me, waiting for me to let it free. But I felt stupid when the person knelt down and I became face-to-face with Damon Salvatore.

"How ya doing in there?"

"We're doing great, join the party?" I ask sarcastically, glaring at him. "You guys look stuck." He says, looking around the seatbelt stuck to our upper body. "No shit, sherlock." I sniff, tears drying on my face. "It's the seat belt. I can't get it." Elena says, trying to take her seatbelt out.

"Okay, I want you both to put your hands on the roof." Damon instructs and Elena and I follow. "Just like that. You ready? 1, 2, 3." Damon does something which causes my seatbelt to fly away. "Get Emilia out first." Elena says, sniffing. "What? No. Get Elena out first." I argue.

"Emilia, your bleeding."

Damon sighs before placing one arm under my knees and the other under my back, cradling me to his chest. Instantly, the heat from his body travels to mine and I felt warmer than ever. "Can you stand?" Damon asks, whispering. "Uhhh..." I say but the words fly out of my mouth and my eyes roll to the back of my head, darkness consuming me. "Upsy-daisy."

♡ ♡ ♡

"Why is my bed moving?" I mumble, yawning. "Morning." Two voices say at the same time. My eyes widen and immediately sit up in the backseat. Damon is driving while Elena is sitting in the passenger seat. "Where the hell are we?" I ask, sitting in the middle and looking between them.

"Georgia."

"Georgia my ass, where are we?"