t w e n t y o n e

Emilia

Emilia

This morning I woke up to a dark and dull mood of my own. It's like the sun didn't want to show up and the moon took it's place for the whole week. Maybe the whole month. My brain is closed from all the thinking I did the whole night. I didn't sleep. I don't think I even blinked.

The death of Sheila had a pang of hurt crash my heart. It was so unexpected and it came out of nowhere. The phone call I got yesterday will never be erased from my brain. Elena's shaky voice telling me the incident. Me running down the stairs to the car. Driving in traffic. And finally, reaching the hospital and witnessing all of it.

I stayed the whole night sitting on my bed, against the headboard, staring out at the moon as the moonlight shined on my face. Dried tears were stained on my face and new ones were falling down my cheeks. My hair was tied in a messy bun and I was in my p'j shorts and tank top.

I sniffle and look down at my gauzed wrist where the bite mark laid. I lightly touch my wrist and I squirmed around before letting my wrist go. I looked up and gazed out the window and sighed tiredly, trying to let sleep consume me but it wouldn't.

I took the energy and slipped out from under my covers, my sweaty feet touching the cold floor. My face scrunched up as I full stood and stretched; my muscles have been aching for that. I cracked my fingers before padding throughout the room and reaching my door.

I wrapped my hand around the cold knob and twisted it, opening the door. My door made a soft creak when I pulled it open and I gulped loudly at the dark hallway. I unwrapped my hand from around the knob and stepped into the dark hallway. I took a deep breath before walking to the stairs and walking down softly.

I walked through the small space and entered the kitchen flicking the lights on. I looked at the refrigerator and my stomach instantly growled; obviously sensing food. I rubbed my stomach before walking towards the fridge, pulling it open. I looked around for leftovers and I found a pizza box.

I grinned before pulling the pizza box out and closing the refrigerator. I turned around and screamed lightly when I spotted Damon standing in the doorway. I placed the pizza box on the counter with shaky hands as Damon walked towards me. "Damon? What are you doing here?"

"I haven't killed someone in a long time, y'know." Damon says, gazing at me hungrily. I widened my eyes before taking a step back, "W-what?" He chuckled and took a step forward, "I'm starving." I gulped loudly and looked at him confusedly, "I-I was planning on eating pizza but you can have it."

"I don't want pizza, I want you." He growled taking long steps towards me before he pinned my against the fridge door with his body. "D-Damon, w-what are you doing?" I ask, my voice shaky. Damon grinned devilishly before bringing his face dangerously close to my neck, sniffing me. "I want all of you, Katherine."

"Damon, are you drunk?" I ask, my eyes widening as I pushed him back. Damon gives me a confusing look before his face turns blank. "I-I gotta g-go." He says, suddenly shaking as he points his thumb towards the front door. "Yeah, you do." I say, scoffing. Damon nods, gulping before turning around and walking towards the front door.

Damon looks at me once again before pulling the door open and walking out. I took a shaky breath before sitting on the counter stool. I massaged my temples with both my hands as I looked down at the pizza box. My stomach growled and I scoffed, opening the pizza box and taking a bite from it.

He called me Katherine.

♡ ♡ ♡

"I can't believe we're actually doing this." I sigh, staring at my sister unbelievably. "It's now or never." Elena says, knocking on the door. I groan as I stared at the old chipped house.

"Are you sure this is the right address?" I ask, looking down at the post-it note in Elena's hand. "Maybe she's not home." Elena says, turning around and walks down the porch stairs.

I sigh and turn to walk down the stairs but stop when I hear the door creak open. I turn to look over at my shoulder and find a woman standing