t w e n t y t w o

Emilia

Emilia

Storms have been my number one fear since I first was born; literally. I flinch every time I hear the sound of thunder and end up crawling under my bed sheets. Expect this time, I got dragged out of bed and out in the middle of the rainy stormy night.

I had laid my head back on the passenger seat and closed my eyes. I slept the whole ride and woke up to find myself in front of the Salvatore house and Elena begging me to step out of the car. I had groaned and stepped out of the car, running to the porch before the rain can wash me away.

Stefan had opened the door and welcomed us into the warmth of his house. I instantly walked to the living room where Damon was boarding the window, and laid down on the couch, taking a nap.

"Why are you fixing the window?" I ask, my voice raspy and my eyes closed. "Animal attack." Damon answered, causing me to chuckle quietly. "Well, what's our revenge plan?"

"I say we go to Pearl's, bust down the  door, and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night." Damon suggested, hammering a nail into the wooden wall.

"Yeah. And then what? We turn to the rest of that house of vampires and say, Oops sorry?" Stefan says, sarcastically. I laugh loudly and look at Stefan, giving him a thumbs up at his massive joke.

"I can't believe you made a deal with her." Elena says, leaning back on the desk behind her. "It was more like a helpful exchange of information. And it's not like I had a choice. She's...scary. Besides, she's gonna help me get Katherine back."

"Of course," I scoff, "It all goes back to her." I sit up on the couch and look at Damon, "And Damon always gets what he wants, as usual. No matter who he hurts in the process."

"You don't have to be snarky about it."

"I woke up this morning to learn that all the vampires have been released from the tomb. I've earned snarky." I fired back, giving him a death glare. "How long are you going to blame me for turning your birth mother into a vampire?"

"I'm not blaming you, Damon. I've accepted the fact that you're a self-serving psychopath with no redeeming qualities."

"Ouch."

"Stop fighting. This isn't being very productive. We're gonna figure out a way to deal with Pearl and the vampires. Ok?" Elena breaks our heated conversation. I give Damon a death glare before laying back on the couch as he walks out of the room.

"So, what are we going to do?" Elena asks, sighing. "Damon and I are gonna handle everything, I promise." Stefan says, reassuringly. "Yeah sure, leave us out of this." I scoff, adjusting my head on the pillow and keeping my eyes closed.