letters

"Good mornings, everyone!" Maya said as her and Riley walked into their classroom, where all of their friends were waiting for them. Everyone smiled at her. "What?"

"You have to tell us about your time with Josh." Lucas said with excitement. "Come on."

"Okay, fine." Maya let out a playful sigh. "Well, he picked me up and we drove for three hours to a parking garage. It was really old but it had a beautiful view."

"Three hours? A parking garage?" Riley questioned. "Why?"

"Just listen." Maya began again and Riley giggled. "We talked on the way there and then we came to this old parking garage and we went to the top and watched the sunset We talked a lot and sorted out some of the things that have been going on. He told me he wanted to regain my trust. I think that he's already doing just that."

Riley squealed. "I'm so excited."

Isadora smiled at Maya. "Keep being you and if he sticks around, he's the lucky one."

Just then, class was called into order and they sat in their seats. Maya couldn't focus very well but she tried her best. Everything was so crazy those days.

↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎

Maya had just finished her last class and she headed to the cafe to see her mom and Shawn. He had just gotten home from his trip and she was excited to see him. She opened the door and saw her mom and Shawn sitting on the couch. "Dad!"

"My girl." Shawn said as he hugged her. "I missed you!"

"I missed you too. How was the trip?"

Shawn laughed. "It was great. I have something to give you at the house but here's this from someone else." He handed her a letter and a gift bag. "Josh sent it."

"Oh, look at this." She said with a chuckle as she took it from her dad's hands. Shawn looked anxiously, wanting to hear what the letter said. "Okay fine." She opened it and began reading. "Dear Maya, enjoy these chocolates. I know that they are your favorites. This isn't much, but I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you. Love, Joshua." Maya grinned as she read the letter. It was so sweet and thoughtful. Inside the bag was a box of chocolates that were indeed her favorites.

Shawn smiled at Maya. He knew what it was like to fall in love after holding your heart closed for so long. "Maya, how are you doing with everything going on?"

She sat down by her mom and Shawn, being completely vulnerable with everything she said. "I really like him, dad. I wish that he hadn't up and left without ever calling. I think we are both very stubborn and that is what held us back all these years. Neither one of us reached out."

Shawn nodded his head. "I understand that. I hope that he treats you well. You deserve the best and don't worry - if he doesn't, he has it coming for him." Maya laughed. "How are you feeling about this being your senior year. I know you said it was weird."

"It is weird. I feel like when I graduated high school, I thought that would be the biggest life change I'd deal with. But now, with Zay moving to Texas, Lucas and Isadora having a baby and Farkle and Riley getting married, I feel like nothing will ever be the same. I feel a bit left behind."

"I understand that. I was in the same boat, Maya." Shawn said. He had his arm around Katy. "I left and decided that I didn't belong anymore. I don't want that for you."

"I know."

"Come here, kid." He said and she did. He hugged her and then her mom did too.

"Maya, everything will work out for the good. I didn't think it would for me, but look at us now." Katy smiled at Shawn as he spoke.

"Thank you guys."

↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎

The next day, Maya woke up and got ready for the day. She was wearing her favorite skirt and top. She opened the door to find another letter slid half way under the door. When she opened it, there was a letter and two movie tickets. "Dear Maya, I hope you enjoy your day. Meet me by the entrance after school. We are going to see a movie! Don't forget the tickets, okay? Love, Josh." Maya read aloud so Riley could hear. She was just as excited as her.

↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎

After school ended, she headed out front where she met up with Josh.

"Smooth playing, huh?" Maya giggled curiously.

"I knew you'd love it." He smirked.

"So which movie are we seeing?" She asked, tossing her back pack into the back of the car.

"Finding Nemo." He said seriously.

"You're such a typical Matthews." She laughed. "I was hoping I'd have to hold your hand when I was scared." She was slowly being more comfortable and flirty.

"You can hold my hand anyways, if you'd like." Josh laughed as they pulled out onto the road. "Those big sharks are kind of scary." She just nodded sarcastically and they were on their way.

↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎

"Oh my goodness! That movie was the cutest thing in the whole world." Josh laughed as they walked to the car. "Never gets old."

"It does. But, not with you." She said sarcastically.

They were still holding hands and had been during the whole movie. It was like a dream for Maya and she was thankful for a guy who was trying to regain her trust and spend time with her.

"Bye! See you later." Josh waved at Maya as she walked back to the dorms.

↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎

Thursday came and Maya went through her routine once more. When she opened her door and none to her surprise, there laid a letter with ten dollar bills. She snickered at the sight.

'Dear Maya,
I so enjoyed yesterday and holding your hand. We should do it more often. Finish today off strong and meet me at the park at four. Here is ten dollars. Go to 7-11 and pick up some of your favorite snacks and drinks. I can't wait to see you. Love, Josh.'

↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎

After school, Maya left in a hurry, clutching her backpack and the money. She went into 7-11 and got snacks : two giant coke slurpees, a bag of chips, and a medium pizza.

"Ooh, my girl chooses well!" Josh exclaimed, licking his lips at the sight of the food and drink as he saw her walk up to the spot he had chosen at the park.

"I'm your girl now, Matthews?" Maya joked playfully.

"Pretty close." He winked, helping her with the food and sitting her down next to him. He had picnic blanket laid out on the ground. "I also brought UNO." She laughed but she loved it.

↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎

On Friday, Maya knew something was up. Riley was acting way too giggly around her, and everyone seemed to know something but her. During her lunch break, she went to her dorm to grab something. When she opened the door, she saw her room. It looked as if a unicorn had threw up on it. Sparkles were everywhere. Riley, she thought.

On her bed was a gift box. She slid it open to see a brand new dress. It was a gorgeous black dress. It was accompanied by a pair of red heels and a letter. "Dear Maya. After school, put this on and meet me out front. We're going to dinner. Love, Josh."

She was so nervous and excited all the way through the whole day. She couldn't wait to see him. All her best friends wished her well as she walked out front. Josh was all dressed up to and he smiled at her, "Maya Penelope Hart Hunter?"

"That's me."

"These are for you." He handed her a bouquet of red roses and was blushing almost as much as the roses. "You look beautiful."

↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎