announcements [2]

R I L E Y 

  "Well," I began. My mind was spinning and I was far more nervous than I had expected. He had almost had a heart attack when he heard Josh and Maya's news.

  I looked over at Farkle, who clasped my hand a little tighter. He grimaced but gave me a nervous nod so I tried again. "Daddy,"

  "Sweetie," he replied. I can't do it!

  I looked back again at Farkle and he nodded. Somehow he knew exactly what I meant without having to say it. "Mr. Matthews," he began.

    "Cory is fine." my father smiled, but you could tell he was anticipating something.

  "Well, uh, Cory. What Riley is trying to tell you is that we are having a baby too." He burst out, confident as always in his words. My palms were sweaty and I just waited for a response.

  "You, what?" he asked, fire steaming from his eyes. 

My mom's jaw dropped and Auggie dropped his cup that was in his hand. Topanga composed herself. "This is a shock but nonetheless, a blessing! We are here for all of you guys. Congratulations, Farkle and Riley!"

  "Wait, wait, wait!" Auggie spoke out, his head spinning. "Three new babies?"

  "Sounds like it, sweet heart." Topanga smiled at her confused son. "Cory?"

F A R K L E

  "Cory? Honey!" she shouted again, waving her hands in front of his face. I knew I needed to run but I was committed now. He had finally warmed up to the fact that I was no longer the turtleneck wearing nerd who taught his class, and that I was now marrying his daughter. But, being the father of his grandchild? 

  "You!" he said, pointing at my face and standing up. My eyes widened and so did everybody else. "You and my daughter are having a baby?"

  "Yes, sir." I gulped. 

  "Daddy!" Riley shouted. "This will be your new grandchild." She pointed to her stomach and I gulped again just knowing that we were really going to be parents. It seemed so surreal. 

  "This is crazy!" He whined and walked away to the corner.

  Riley started to tear up and I just hugged her. "He's just doing his normal Cory reaction. Just let him cool off and he'll come to his senses."

   Topanga walked over and set her hand on Riley's shoulder. "Honey, congratulations! This is amazing news. You guys are going to make the best parents. Let me talk to your dad." 

T O P A N G A

  "Cory, you are acting like a child!" 

  "No, no I am not!" he hollered back.

  "Are you seriously not going to talk to your daughter and son in law. You are being ridiculous! I understand that you are having a hard time wrapping your mind around it, but you need to go talk to them. Now." I was fed up. He gets his ways in his head and won't let them go. 

  "No."

  "Cory, now. Go congratulate your daughter. She is crying! You can't keep her yours forever. She has Farkle. Now, they're going to be parents and experience what we experienced." I grinned.

  "You are right, Topey."

  "I always am."

J O S H

  My brother! I am gonna kill him! He needs to come apologize before the girls' hormones go crazy. Cory is stubborn sometimes. Nope, always.

  "Riley, sweetheart." Cory finally said, emerging from the corner, a smile on his face. 

  "Yes, daddy?" she sighed.

  "I am sorry. That wasn't okay of me to act that way. Riley, Farkle, Josh, Maya, congratulations." He was sincere and the girls hugged him.

  "When are these babies due?" Auggie asked again.

  "Lucas and Isadora's little boy will be born around June and our babies will be due in September." Maya explained. I was shocked she paid that much attention.

  "Well, okay." He laughed and went on his way.