officially official

"You're too sweet." Maya said as she took the roses from his hand. She couldn't believe that she was going out with Joshua Gabriel Matthews. Her fourteen year old self would have just flipped out. "Thank you for all of this. You really didn't need too. I'm a cheap date."

  Josh chuckled. "No, you deserve way more than that, Maya." She smiled and he opened the door to the car, helping her in. As he quickly shut the door, without giving her a chance to say something in return, he looked at her and said, "You're beautiful."

↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ 

  "Seriously, Joshua. Where are we going?" Maya questioned over and over as if she was an impatient child. "Last time we drove this long, we went to a parking garage." She said with smirk, teasing playfully.

  He threw his hands on his chest dramatically. "Geez, Maya. Hurtful. Hold your horses. We are almost there." He reassured her with a teasing smile. 

  They slowed down in front of the restaurant and Maya's mouth dropped. It was the most elegant place she'd ever seen. "Josh, this is too much. Way too much." She stuttered. 

  "Maya, I wanted to do this for you. Let me treat you." He opened the car door, handed her his jacket and they walked in. She really was worth it.

↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ 

  Her crystal blue eyes sparkled and her smile seemed to make his heart beat a thousand miles an hour. Her giggle sounded so sweet, even while she was eating steak. She gobbled down her dinner in an almost mannerly way, making Josh chuckle at her carefulness. After their meal, they went out on the terrace. Josh's brown eyes made Maya's heart flutter. She wondered why he would put so much effort in for her. She was just - well - her. 

  "Maya," Josh began, his eyes searching hers. "I am really thankful for all the time we've spent together and for you allowing me the chance to regain your trust. I wanted to know if you'd be my girlfriend." He was so nervous. He knew it was soon, but he knew that they were both spontaneous and if it worked for anyone, it would be them. 

  "Really?" Maya's eyes widened and Josh laughed. "Are you serious?"

  "I'm serious."

  "Then absolutely not." She teased, but her acting skills were quite top notch. He ran his hands through his hair, obviously humiliated. She grabbed his arm. "I'm kidding, Josh. Yes. I'd love to."

  "Maya! You scared me so bad." He said as he shoved her shoulder playfully. "Well, I have something for you." Josh pulled out a locket from his pocket. "It has a 'J' and an 'M' on it."

  "It's beautiful." She looked up at him and smiled. "You're too sweet. Really."

  He grabbed her hand. "Nothing is too much for you." She smiled sheepishly towards him. It was a lot to take in for her. "Maya, I want you to know that I will always be here for you. Maybe your dad left when you were little, but I don't want you to be afraid of love. I - really love you." He leaned in and kissed her. 

  She smirked, "I've been waiting for that since - well - ever." 

  He laughed at her comment as he pulled her close and embraced her in a hug. "Oh, I know that. Maya, you were wild. But, I am so glad you're in my life again."

  "Me too."

↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ 

  Saturday morning came quicker than Maya had wanted. Riley was up and getting ready in their dorm room at the crack of dawn. She ran and jumped on top of Maya, attempting to wake up her best friend. 

  "I'm awake, I'm awake!" Maya whined. "I was having a good dream and you ruined you."

  Riley smirked. "About Josh?" She paused and waited for an answer, but began smacking her best friend with a pillow. "I'm right. Okay, I need to know everything from last night and - oh! - the bridesmaid dresses came in the mail!" Riley sputtered, ripping apart a pink package that was from the bridal shop downtown.

  Maya chuckled as she watched her best friend, terribly sidetracked. "Well, last night was great." Maya began as Riley was sorting through the package. "We went to a beautiful, elegant restaurant and - well - he asked me to be his girlfriend."

  Riley dropped the package, her attention switched to Maya and her heart racing. "Really? Oh my goodness. This is the greatest day ever!"

   "I'm serious. I said yes and he gave me this locket." She showed her the beautiful locket that was hanging from her neck. She promised to never take it off, ever. Riley kept on squealing with excitement. "Okay, now let me see those dresses!"   

  "Okay, let's see." Riley picked up a baby pink floor length dress. "This is for Isadora." Next, she picked up a floor length baby pink dress with gold lacing. "This is yours, maid of honor."

  "Riley, they are beautiful! I can't wait to see how it all comes together." She stood up quickly. "Honey, I am going to get ready and invite everyone to the cafe. I want to tell them the news."

↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ 

  A few hours later, the whole group was gathered in the cafe. Maya couldn't wait to tell everyone. They were her support group, the family she had before she felt like her family was whole again with her mom and Shawn. "I wanted you guys to come so that I could tell you in person that I officially have a boyfriend."

  Farkle stood up quickly. "Josh asked you to be his girlfriend?"

  "No, some random guy off the street. Yes, he did, Farkle!" Maya laughed hysterically.

  "That is so great!" Lucas said. 

   "We are really happy for you two!" Isadora agreed with her husband.

  "I'm really happy too." Maya looked over at her best friends. "Yeah, really happy."

↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎