double woah

M A Y A 

  It has been one full month of living all together. Life is going so well all together. it has been so much fun learning how to be married adults with each other as our support systems. 

  There I was, trying to act composed while I stood in line holding the pretty little package that could change my world. I walked up to the counter and the woman scanned my item. She smiled at me as I paid her. I climbed back into the car and headed home. Everyone was out for the day, so they wouldn't know. I didn't know how to feel, but I knew this needed to be done.

  I took the test and stood there. Ten, Nine, Eight, Oh this could change everything! Seven, Six, Five, What would Josh think? Four, Three, Two, I have to do it! One.

  Positive.

  I am pregnant.

  I am going to have a baby.

  I am going to me a mother.

  For some reason, I felt calm about the fact that I was. It didn't make sense, but I did. I was just scared to tell Josh. I have to tell Riley; I have to let her know. 

  Little did I know that my best friend friend was in a similar situation.

R I L E Y

  "Riles, how long does it take to pee on a stick?" Farkle asked frantically outside of the bathroom, running his hands through his hair out of nervousness. I was terrified to see the answer. Not because I didn't want a baby, but because we didn't expect to start a family for quite a few years. This would change everything.

  We were at the Minkus' home packing some more of Farkle's thing when I left and got the test. Farkle told me to. He recognized my symptoms before I did.

  "Farkle," I whined, flinging the door open wide. 

  He looked at me patiently. "Just look at it."

  "I can't. You do it."

  He took the test, flipping it over. His eyes grew wide and he looked up, his eyes filled with fear and excitement. "We're gonna have a baby, Riley."

  "What? How?" I said frantically. 

  "I think you're smart enough to answer that. Come here. Hug me! We're having a baby!" He was so calm. Inside, I knew he was panicking. But, he always was able to calm me down.

  I hugged him, pulling him in tight. We're going to have a baby. We need to tell Maya.

M A Y A

  "Riley, I need to tell you something." I sighed as I sat next to my best friend who looked just as eager as I was. 

  "Okay!" she began. "But, I need to tell you something too."

  "You first?" 

  "No, you. I insist." She giggled.

  "Riley, I'm pregnant." I said in a blink.

   Her jaw dropped. "No way!" She began cheering, "Oh my goodness! I was going to tell you that I found out that I'm pregnant."

  I was bewildered. This was amazing, shocking and scary all tied up in one pretty test. I covered my mouth, "You-you are pregnant too?"

  "Yep!" She giggled again. "We will both be mommy's together, forever!"

  I embraced her in a hug and smiled. "Does Farkle know?"

  "Yes," She rolled her eyes. "He was the one who told me to take the test. He noticed the symptoms. That genius."

  I smirked, "Right! Geniuses, terrible. How did he react? How do you feel about it?"

  "Well, I freaked. We didn't expect to have a family for a few years. I made him look at the test and he told me. He definitely is nervous but he made me feel so calm about it."

  "That's amazing. I can only imagine him finding out."

R I L E Y

  "Does Josh know?" I asked curiously. Her eyes showed that he didn't. "Maya,"

  "No. I am afraid he won't be happy." She sighed.

  "Maya, oh please. He will be thrilled! Tell him!" I pleaded.

  Josh walked through the door, work bags in hand. I mouthed to her to tell him. She sighed and agreed. "Josh, I need to tell you something." She took his hand into hers and led him to the table. He looked at her intently. "I am pregnant."

  His face was shocked. "Oh Maya! This is so exciting! This is amazing! How do you feel? When did you find out? Oh, baby! We are having a baby!"

  I smirked, "You sound like my dad, Josh."

  He looked over, almost forgetting I was there. "I am his little brother." He chuckled. "Maya," He looked down at her.

  "Josh! I am so glad you are happy. I was so afraid." She trailed off.

  "Of what? Me not being happy? Never! Maya, I am here forever. We are a family and now we get to have our own little family."

  "I love you!" She kissed him and he hugged her.

  Farkle came in just then, holding the boxes of his extra stuff from home. "What is going on here?" He set down the boxes and walked over to Riley, wrapping his arm around her.

  "Farkle, Maya is pregnant." I giggled.

  His eyes widened. "What? That's great. Did you tell them?"

  "Tell us what?" Josh asked.

  "We are having a baby too!" I said happily. 

  "No way!" Josh burst out laughing. "This is going to be amazing."