sisters

[isadora- 30 wks. maya- 18 wks. riley- 16 weeks.]

M A Y A

  I smiled at myself in the mirror. My bump was now covered in a spring colored dress and I had braided my hair to the side. Today was a big day.

  Riley was finding out the gender of their baby. Farkle was out of town on a business trip, fully against Riley's wishes. He was coming home tonight but not in time for the ultrasound. He reminded her that this trip was either now or when the baby was due, and he assumed she'd rather him there to coach her through delivery.

  I walked out of my room and poured myself a huge bowl of cereal. Riley came down and sat next to me. "Hey, peaches. What are you eating today?" She giggled at my big bowl.

  "Just, uh, some cereal." I grinned and she grabbed herself a big bowl. "Are you ready for this, honey? I know that you wanted Farkle there."

  "I am super excited, Maya. I get to know if I am having a baby boy or a baby girl! What do you think it is? Farkle thinks it is a girl and I honestly don't know." She was bubbly as usual.

  "I think it is a girl too."

R I L E Y

  "Riley Minkus?" a smiley nurse called from the door. I stood up and Maya followed me. The nurse led us back to a little room where I laid down and she set gel on my belly.

  "Are you ready to see your baby, Riles?" Maya asked me and squeezed my hand. I did my obnoxious 'yay' and she continued. "I was so nervous when Josh and I found out. But, I knew you wouldn't be. You are so happy."

  The nurse scanned over my squished baby to announce the gender. "It's a girl!"

  Maya and I started cheering unstoppably; now our girls could be best friends. I couldn't wait to tell Farkle, Josh, Lucas, Isadora and the families tonight. Now, just how could we do it?

F A R K L E

  "Alright, everyone. This morning, I found out the gender of our baby. So, we wanted you all to know and we have a gift for the daddy to open to find out." Riley smiled at me and handed me a half-blue, half-pink box and told me to open it.

  I slipped open the box to find a tiny pink onesie that said my daddy is a handsome genius. I chuckled at the gift and held it up high and proud for everyone else. The room burst with joy and I embraced Riley. "I love you."

  "And I love you."

  "Oh no!" Lucas said, burying his head into his hands. We all were so confused. He sighed, "Now, you two can have girls that are best friends and our son will end up in a triangle with them. Or be like Farkle and fall in love with one of them."

  We all laughed and kept on with our hang out. We celebrated this.

J O S H

  I came home the next day after work to find a romantic dinner set up with roses and a pot roast. I smiled and walked into the kitchen to find my wife in a long red dress, just tight enough to spot her baby bump. I kissed her and she led me to the table.

  "What is this for, sweetheart?" I asked her, a grin planted on my lips.

  "Just that, well, we only have so many months just the two of us and we need to keep it sacred. I am so excited to raise a daughter with you. I can't wait to be a family." she giggled.

  "Me too! Any baby name ideas?" I asked. I had a few in mind, but not many.

  "I don't know, but I think her middle name should be Penelope."

  "Really?" She never liked it.

  "Yeah, I have thought about it and I have come to like it, because I had to try. I want her to like it and to try if she doesn't. But, for first names I don't have many. Do you?"

  "No, not really. But I agree about Penelope. I love it."

  "And I love you."