graduates

{ paxton- 6 months. ember- 3 months. nova- 2 months.}

M A Y A

"Josh! Ember is crying and I need to take one shower before I graduate." I hollered from the bathroom as I finally stepped into the shower.

"I got her, Maya!" He replied from the room where he scooped up little Ember and held her carefully.

I hurried through my shower, finally relaxing and getting a full shower to myself for once. I stepped out and got dressed, did my hair, and applied my makeup quickly.

"Josh!" I called as I hurried downstairs. I found Josh and Farkle sitting on the couch holding the babies. I stopped to take in the moment.

"Oh, you're ready, Maya." Riley said from behind me. She looked gorgeous.

"Ready to go I am!" I giggled, and turned back to the guys. She followed my eyes and caught sight too.

"They melt my heart." She sighed.

We walked over and our eyes widened when we saw the baby's outfits. The babies matched in onesies, tutus, bows and socks.

Tears welled in Riley's eyes, probably from hormones. "I love it!"

I smiled and gave her a big hug. Our guys took our hands and led us to the cars. This was what we had dreamed of our whole lives.

R I L E Y

"Mom, are you sure you can watch Nova during the service? I can hold her or Farkle could." I asked nervously.

"That's silly, Riley. You two go graduate and I'll watch my little grand baby. You deserve it. You go get up there with your genius!" My mom laughed and shooed me off.

"Maya, you coming?" I asked once I realized we were still missing her.

"Josh, her diaper bag is right there. Need anything else?" She scanned the room for issues nervously.

"Hey, I got her. Go get up there, sweetie." He encouraged and we all went up and sat down. Isadora and Lucas were already sitting, while Paxton was held by their families. Farkle sat by me and Maya sat on the other side.

My dad was given the honor of introducing the graduates and he was more than thrilled.

J O S H

Cory got on stage and held diplomas in his hand, while the other held the mic.

"It has been my honor to teach this same class through middle school, high school, and somehow - college. I can't believe they've gone and grown up in a blink of an eye. So, now, let me introduce you to the new graduates." He said and everyone clapped.

All the graduates got in a line and waited their turn. They went up one by one, collecting their diplomas and speaking of their future. Finally, it was the last five people: my family.

"Isadora Smackle-Friar, our valedictorian." Cory announced and the crowd erupted with cheers.

She smiled and accepted her diploma. "These four years of college have been so crazy and definitely special. I am currently married to Lucas and we have our little boy, Paxton. Well, our plans changed a little with our baby in tow, but we will still be going to Europe to pursue photography and travel for the time being. We leave next week. I am so excited. Thank you."