we're home

M A Y A

  They were coming back. She was coming back. I couldn't wait to see Riley. Even though it had only been a week and a half, my days just felt so empty without her. We grew up together and the thought of not being together killed me.

  Knock, knock, knock.

  I ran excitedly over to the door, pulling it open to see.. Josh.

  "Oh, it's just you." I said in a huff, throwing myself down on the couch.

  Josh raised an eyebrow at the comment. "Just me? Seriously?" He said teasingly as he shut the door and set his backpack down. I nodded and smirked while he rolled his eyes. 

  I sat staring at the door when it suddenly flew open in a rush. I looked up to see the newlyweds. Farkle was holding the suitcases and Riley ran right in.  "Riley!" 

  "Peaches!"

  We embraced in a hug, while the guys just stood next to each other amused.  

  "By the looks of it, those two must have missed each other!" Josh guessed playfully.

  "Guess so. It's only been a week and a half." Farkle chuckled as he set down the suitcases. 

R I L E Y

  "Maya, I missed you!" I giggled as she let go of our hug.

  "I missed you too. How was Hawaii?" She inquired curiously.

  "It was amazing and special." I remarked.

  She walked over to the guys and smirked. "Nice job taking care of her, Minkus."

  "It was my pleasure. Now, who's hungry?" Farkle said. They all agreed. "Let's go!!"

J O S H

  We walked through town, looking at all the pretty lights. Finally, we walked past a little pizza place. "Hey, guys. Wanna go to The Pizza Parlor'?" I inquired.

  They all agreed and we walked in. We were greeted by a sweet, older woman. "How many?" 

  I smiled at her, "Four, please."

  She led us patiently to a table and we all ordered. Finally we got our food and we all hung out. It was amazing, and sweet just to all hang out finally. With all the planning, we haven't.

  It is definitely weird to be married to my niece's best friend. But, it's life and life's crazy.

↠︎ SHORT CHAPTER, but the next chapter opens a new story line. Get ready!