baby minki [2]

[riley - 40 weeks]
[paxton - 4 m. ember - 1 m.]

R I L E Y

  Finally, Maya came in and I was so happy. Farkle was my coach but is wanted her here too, to see the baby for the first time with us.

  "Peaches!" I cried

  "Honey! I love you so much, and I can't believe you're about to me a mom too." She turned to Farkle. "And you, nice job being her coach. She will need it more now than ever."

  He gulped and turned back to her, "Let's do it."

  "All right, we are moving to labor and delivery!" The doctor announced as he entered the room.

  They all walked as they pushed me to the birth room. When we walked in, they transferred me to the birthing bed. The doctors set me up and Farkle stood next to me, trying to stand his ground.

  "Okay, when I say push, push." The doctor instructed.

  I did as he said and bared down with all my might. I cringed at the pain and flung my head back. "I can't."

  "You can, baby. I believe in you." Farkle encouraged.

  "Ow, ow, ow. I can't." I cried and Farkle smiled.

  "It's okay, Riles. I can see her head. She'll be here soon." He said.

  "Big push this time, Riley." The nurse instructed.

  "Ow, help, Farkle, help." I cried and he squeezed my hand.

  "Her head's almost out."

  "I know! I can feel it!" I hissed.

F A R K L E

  Seeing Riley like this hurt my heart. I grab her hand to encourage her.

  "I'm sorry, I know you can." I apologized.

  She nodded and pushed again. She shouted but the doctor just encouraged her.

  "Two more pushes, and she'll be here!"

  Maya looked at her, "You've got this."

  Riley pushed once and sighed as she felt the next contraction. She pushed but stopped mid way because of the pain.

  "I can't do it, ow, ow,"

  I cupped her face, "Baby, one more push. You've got it. C'mon!"

  She did just that and her yells were overpowered by little baby cries.

  The doctor set our little baby on her chest. She was the perfect mix of us both: chestnut hair and my eyes.

  "Hi peanut." I cooed. "Oh my goodness, she's adorable. I can't believe it!"

  Maya smiled at us, "You did so good, Riles. You were a lot of help, Farkle. She is just perfect."

  The doctor weighed her: six lbs 10oz.

  "She is smaller than Ember was and she was overdue." Riley laughed.

  I smiled at the little bundle in my arms. "You, little one, put your mama through a whole lot. Me too."

  Riley asked to hold her so I handed her over, gawking in awe. She fit so perfectly in Riley and I's arms, like she was meant for us. She snuggled right in and nursed immediately.

  Maya smiled, "I'm really proud of you, Riley."

  "I am too." I added.

  She giggled, "I'm proud of me too!" We laughed.

  Maya snorted. "I'm gonna go tell Josh and I'll call all the parents and the Friars."

M A Y A

  "She's perfect. Tiny, I must add." I giggled as I explained to Josh and everyone on the phone. They all were on their way.

  We all walked in together. Farkle was sitting on the edge of the bed by Riley, who was holding their little peanut.

  "She's so perfect!" Cory announced. "Great job, you guys. I love you both."

  Lucas and Isadora smiled, "She is so cute!" Isadora broke out.

  "Lemme hold my grand baby!" Topanga perked up, stealing her away from Riley's possession. "Hi baby! Oh, what's her name?"

  "Well," Farkle began. "Introducing, Nova Penelope Minkus."

  "I love it!" Jennifer, Farkle's mother giggled.

  "Honey, thank you." I said in awe of her name.

  "Any time." She giggled.

  They passed her around and finally everyone left except us and Stuart.

  "Dad, you haven't said a word yet." Farkle said suddenly.

  "It's just, I can't believe how I acted. She is so perfect; I love her and you guys!" He smiled and embraced Farkle.

F A R K L E

  We are all parents. She already had me wrapped around her tiny, pink finger.

  "You. Me. Mommy. World."