baby minki [1]

[riley - 40 weeks]
[paxton - 4 m. ember - 1 m]

M A Y A

  I woke up at about seven to Ember needing to nurse again. I scooped her up, nursed her and then headed down stairs with Ember in tow. I saw Riley on the couch, sprawled out.

  "Uh, hi, honey." I giggled.

  "I. Will. Never. Have. This. Baby." She whined and I giggled. She was full term now and was very ready.

  "Yes you will. Just be patient. Now, get up and eat."

  "No, I cannot move."

  Just then, Farkle walked down in his suit, carrying his work bag. He had a business meeting with his dad. Her eyed his pregnant wife, raised an eyebrow and looked at me.

  "She won't move."

  He crouched down by her and slid the hair off her face. "Hey, let's get up."

  "No!" She shouted. "I will never have this baby so I might as well just stay here and be miserable."

  "Riles, she'll come when she's ready."

  "And if she's huge?"

  "You'll do great."

  "Easy for you to say."

  Finally, she got up and ate her oatmeal quite grumpily. The guys left for work and I had a baby and a pregnant girl on my hands for the day.

  "What do you want to do today?" I asked cheerily.

  "Have a baby."

  I laughed and walked out of the room. I was upstairs getting ready when..

  "Maya," I heard Riley whimper.

  I scurried downstairs to see Riley standing there, soaking wet. She laughed nervously, "I got my wish."

↠︎

  "Practice those breathing techniques, Riley. They really helped me." I instructed.

  Riley was still in the early beginning of labor, but I decided to call the guys because we were about to head to the hospital.

  I dialed Farkle first. "Hey?" He asked suspiciously.

  "Riley got her wish; her water broke."

  "Oh my! Oh wow! Uh ok." He stuttered.

  "Farkle, breathe. I am taking her to the hospital. Meet us there, okay?"

  "O-okay."

  I also called Josh to make sure he was there to hold Ember in the waiting room; I knew she couldn't be in there, but I needed to be.

  Riley waddled to the car after putting on fresh clothes. I buckled Ember into her car seat, against her wishes, and Riley sat in the front.

  "You have the bag, right?" I asked her.

  "Farkle has it in his car."