baby friar [1]

[ isadora- 35 wks. maya- 23 wks. riley- 21 wks.]

M A Y A

  We had just finished eating dinner, so Riley and I stood up and began clearing the table.

  "No, no." Josh said, taking the rag from my hand. "The husbands treat the wives tonight. Go sit down."

  We didn't argue. We laid down on the couch and turned on Netflix. Only minutes into our moment of peace, the phone rang.

  Farkle grabbed it and answered. He dropped the plate he was holding. "Yeah, see you soon. Bye." and he hung up.

  Riley stood up fast, "Babe, why did you drop the plate? Who was that?"

  We all stared at him; he didn't look as if he had heard good news. "Guys, Lucas called. They are going in for an emergency c-section. They want us there."

J O S H

  I promise you, the whole ride was silent. We didn't know what was going on or how urgent it was, but it sounded bad. I sighed as I looked over at Maya in the passenger seat.

  I parked quickly and we all piled out of the car and rushed up to the hospital. Riley basically flew over to the counter, out of breath, since she was pregnant. "We are here for Isadora Friar."

  The woman scanned over the computer and smiled. "Yes. You may go into the waiting room for operation room ten. Right this way, there are others there too."

  We followed her into a room where we found Lucas' parents and Isadora's parents. We walked in a set our things down. "So, what happened?" I asked. 

  "Well, Izzy was having contractions, so Lucas and her came in just in case they needed to be stopped because she had two weeks until they would allow it." Izzy's mom started. "Well, her blood pressure sky rocketed, so they went in for a c-section. It was frightening how it went from cool and calm to panic mode. We just wait now and hope everything goes well. He should be somewhat tiny since he is early, but strong and healthy as he's close to term."

  "I see." I smiled and sat down next to Maya. "Hey, baby."

  "Hey." I could tell she was scared for her friends, our friends.

  "Baby huckleberry will be just fine, you'll see." I smirked when I said her nickname for the little guy, "Maya, just pray and have hope."

R I L E Y

  The door swung open and there stood the Texan boy himself, dressed in scrubs. He looked out of breath and all our eyes were wide. "Guys, he-he is here! Just perfect, I tell you! Healthy as could ever be. He weighs six pounds, nineteen inches long."

  We all sighed a relief and a few tears were shed. Maya smirked, "Well, he is a cowboy, you know. A mini huckleberry who is a science wiz, I betcha."

  We all chuckled and I jumped up. "What's his name?"

  "Paxton James Friar!" Lucas announced and everyone clapped.

  "When can we see him?" I asked.

  "It is getting late, so the grandparents can come in first and then when they leave, you guys can come up if you'd like. It'll be about an hour, I'd guess." Lucas smiled.

  "Sure thing." Josh replied.

F A R K L E

  "Well, while we are here alone, let's talk about names." Josh suggested and the girls agreed without a thought. "Okay, any ideas, Maya?"

  She smiled, "Well, for a middle name I said Penelope but I have changed my mind, if it is okay with you Josh. I want her to have the middle name Hope. It means a lot to me. It got me through life and it reminds me of my best friend who dragged my fairytale butt out of the dungeon many times. You, Riley."

  "I like the first name, Ember. I can imagine a mini Maya named Ember." Josh suggested again.

  "I like it." Riley jumped up.

"Me too!" Maya smiled. "So, Ember Hope?"

  "Yeah, I think so." Josh smiled and kissed Maya.

  "Okay, quit it, our turn!" I chuckled. "Riley, do you have any baby name ideas?"

  "I do, I do, I do!" She shouted uncontrollably.

  "Tell me."

  "I want my baby to have the middle name Penelope."

  "I love it, and I want my baby to have a scientific name."

  "Of course you do. You are Farkle." Maya smirked.

  Just then, Lucas came in. "Anyone want to meet Pax?"

  "WE DO!" we all hollered.