2| Filthy rats.

They say a flower can't grow without a little rain, but isn't it also true that too much rain kills the flower?
-jrs.

---

Somewhere during the night Scarlett and Bellamy got moved to an smaller cell, without a Murphy in it. It was a few hours later now, and Scarlett layed with her head on Bellamy his lap, asleep.

He played with her hair as he watched her sleep, her lips slightly partened and her eyeballs were moving underneath its lids. She was having a nightmare.

Bellamy let out a sigh as he shook her lightly, knowing he couldn't let her have that nightmare.

"Scar." He whispered, causing her to stir but nothing else. He shook a little harder.

"Scarlett." He said louder, causing her to shoot up and bump her head against his. She let out a loud groan and scrunched up her nose as she felt her head pounding, again. "Ouch. That hurts."

She turned her body around, facing him. She had a guilty grin on her face.

"Sorry, Bell." She apoligized. "I had a nightmare again, didn't I?"

Bellamy nodded, standing up. He stuck out his hand for Scarlett to take, which she did.

"It's okay, I was here. I woke you up before it could get any worse." He started pacing, nervously.

"Thank you." She told him, sitting down in one of the stools that stood in the very corner of their cell. He didn't respond, he just paced around for what felt like hours before the cell door finally opened.

Bellamy stopped pacing and Scarlett stood up, joining his side.

"How long are you gonna keep us locked up in here?" Bellamy asked.

"Until I'm confident you're no longer a treat to others. Scarlett can go whenever she likes." Kane told them, grabbing the stool Scarlett was sitting on just a few moments ago. "Let's continue." He said, sitting down.

Scarlett huffed, glaring at him.

"The only treat here is Murphy." She told him. Kane ignored her, turning to Bellamy.

"Now you said there were hundreds of Grounders attacking. 200, 300?"

"You think we're gonna play 'count the Grounders' while we are fighting for our lives? Why are you on the council again?" Scarlett asked, arms crossed. Kane nodded, moving on to the next question.

"Why do you think they attacked? What provoked them?"

"We were here. That was enough. We're wasting time. The others didn't just vanish into tin air. They were taken, and we need to go after them."

"Search team is prepping to leave but not before we've gotten the intel we need you. Both of you."

Bellamy walked forward and sat on another stool that stood in front of Kane. Scarlett stayed put. She still glared at Kane like she was going to strangle him any minute, which she would love to do.

"I need to be on that team, please." Bellamy told Kane.

"Me too. My sister is out there, I gotta find her." Scarlett added.

"That's out of question. You're not trained. It's too dangerous." Kane stated.
Scarlett let out an empty laugh, glaring at Kane.

"You don't know shit. We've been out there for what? Two months? We've seen dangerous, I've experienced it, we all did. You have no fucking right to tell us what is dangerous or not! And who says that I'm not trained, huh? Because I was." Scarlett yelled, frustrated. Bellamy looked at her with wide eyes as she mentioned she was trained. "Those are our people out there. My friends, my family. But what the hell do you know about friend or family?"