24| Rain check.

Forgiveness is
taking the knife out your own back
and not using it
to hurt anyone else
no matter how
they hurt you.

-Unknown.

---

"Bellamy. Come in." Raven spoke on to the radio.

Scarlett stiffled a laugh, "It's Scarlett actually, Bellamy is a little busy at the moment." She informed her best friend.

Scarlett could see Raven roll her eyes at her from Mount Weather, "You missed check-in. Did you find the source of the acid fog yet?" The brown haired girl asked.

"We're making our way there now. It's taking longer than I thought." Scarlett told her.

"I don't know enough to crack it on this end. You gotta give me something." Raven said, which Scarlett nodded to. She handed Bellamy the radio, even though he had his earpiece and could talk to Raven any second he liked through that thing.

"I'm working on it." Bellamay promised and swiped Maya her key card. "Something's wrong." He told her confused.

Scarlett held her hand out, "Let me try." She murmered. Bellamy placed the card in her hand and she did the exact same thing Bellamy did and what you were supposed to do. "It isn't working."

"What?" Raven asked, confused about what was happening.

"The key card isn't working." Scarlett said before Bellamy could. Scarlett was annoyed but she had seen it coming, sort of. Everything was going as planned-- as far as it was planned-- and there was something bound to happen that would work against them. Nothing ever works as planner. Never.

"That's not good."

"You couldn't of told me anything more obvious, Ray." Scarlett told her sarcastically.

"We need to find another way in. I'll call you back." Bellamy told Raven in a hury before throwing the radio to Scarlett, who caught it with ease. Guards were coming and not to play a friendly game of Chess, no. More like a game of hit the target somewhere where it could easily kill them and you get the highest score.

"Stay right there! Hands in the air." A guard yelled, who caught a glimpse of the two intruders running away to hide. "Eastbound. In pursuit of the target. It's not Lovejoy. Repeat, it's not Lovejoy." He informed someone over the radio, at least that was what Scarlett assumed.

"Split up."

"Checking in. We're heading down to the next level. You're surrounded! There's no way out!" Someomw else yelled and then the crackling sound of someone else's voice came through the radio of the guard. Scarlett couldn't make out what he said but it most likely was a warning.

Scarlett shot Bellamy a knowing look and he nodded to confirm her thought as a guard walked down the stairs and was in arm reach of Scarlett. She waited till he was a few steps closer and she disarmed him quickly and chocked him.

Quiet and painful, just the way I like it.

"Keep your eyes open. Garza, do you see him? Garza what's your status? Garza. Garza. Do you see him?" Came through the radio of the now dead guard. Scarlett grinned and pressed her heal on it, crushing the device.