Chapter 1

So let me tell you a story about how I met my first love.

I'll tell you a little something about myself first. My name is Alex. I'm 21 years old and I'm from Los Angeles.

---------

I was on my way to work when I spotted one of my friends. "Hey Alex!", my friend Zoey yelled. "Hey!" "What's up?", she asked when she got closer. "Just on my way to work. You?" "Heading over to Sean's", she said smiling. Sean was her boyfriend. "Wanna hang out tonight?", she asked. "Sounds fun!", I said. "Great. I'll call you later." "See ya!" We hugged and went our separate ways.

---------

"Hey John!", I said walking in. "Hey Alex! You're early", he said looking at his watch. "I know. Just wanted to have some coffee before I start if that's okay with you." "Of course!", he said smiling.

I worked at a small cafe. We served coffee and bagels. On Tuesdays we sell fresh donuts as well. I loved my job. I always had a thing for coffee and what the call "latte art", and now it's my job. I learned so much here.

I made myself a cappuccino and grabbed the newspaper. I sat in a booth in the back corner of the cafe. I flipped through the pages, not really finding any interesting. "I'm in the back for a few. I'll be right back!", John said. I nodded and took another sip of my cappuccino when I heard the door open. A young woman walked in. She has short, dark hair. Eyes you could get lost in the second you look at them. She just stood there. Then reality hit me. I stood up and walked to the counter.

"Good morning", I said. "How may I help you?" "Morning", she said smiling. "I'd like a cappuccino please." "Do you want it to go?", I asked. "I'll finish it here if that's okay. Thank you." I nodded. "Take a seat. I'll bring it up to you", I said. I grabbed a cup and made an espresso. I steamed up some milk and poured a big heart.

"Didn't really looked like a heart. It was more like a.. cloud?"

Shut up. It was a heart.

Back to the story..

I noticed she was sitting in my booth. I walked up the here and put down the cappuccino. "Looks really good. Thank you", she said smiling. "You're welcome." I smiled back. I took the newspaper and my cappuccino. "Oh I'm sorry, was someone sitting here?", she asked. "Me actually", I said laughing a bit. "But it's okay. I have to start in like 15 minutes. I need to get ready." She smiled.

"Sit down", she said. For some reason i didn't hesitate and sat down. "How did you get so good at these?", the woman said looking at the cappuccino in front of her. "Just a lot of practice", I said smiling. She smiled back.

Her smile was beautiful.

"Wait. Hold up. I've never asked you how you got so good at those. I've had them before."

You so did asked that.

"See, we can't tell a story without you making up things!"

Whatever..

So, she quickly finished her cappuccino and stood up. "I gotta go. It was nice talking to you", she said. "How much do I owe you?", she asked taking out her wallet. "It's on me", I said smiling. She smiled back. "Thank you." "I'll definitely be back soon." She winked. I felt myself blushing when she walked away.
"Wait", I said. She turned around. "What's your name?"

"Demi." She turned back around and was gone within seconds. I walked back to the table wanting to clean it up.

"What's yours?", I heard a voice behind me say. I turned around and saw her standing there. I smiled. "It's Alex", I said. She smiled back. "See you soon, Alex." She walked out again

I smiled and cleaned up the table. "Demi", I repeat to myself.

I was hoping to see her again very soon.

"Finally something that was actually true.."

"Why do you hate me so much?"

"Oh come on, I love you. But you have to stop making things up. It sounds like a fairytale. It wasn't that perfect hahaha"

"To me it was."