Chapter 4

The party was crazy. It was so crowded. There was loud music, and a lot of making out going on. "I'll get us some drinks!", Zoey said. I nodded.

Some guy walked up to me, asking me if I wanted to dance. "No thank you", I said. "Come on. Just one dance?" He grabbed my arm. "I said no."
"Back off!" Zoey said pushing him away. He held up his hands. "Fine", he said, and walked away. "Thanks", I said. "Are you okay?", Zoey asked. I nodded. "Good." She handed me my drink. "Thank you."

"Why is this relevant?"

Just let me talk for once.

So I took a sip of my drink. "What's in here?", I asked. "Oh just a little bit of everything. Do you like it?"
I laughed. "It's strong as fuck." "Shut up. You're used to all your bourbon shit but you can't take a bit of mixed alcohol." I laughed and hit her arm.

I should've mentioned it but, I kinda have a drinking problem. I started drinking when i was about 16. I guess I just wanted to be tough. When I was about 18, I developed a major depression. I've been drinking alcohol to calm myself down ever since, which was quite a lot.

I stepped outside to get some fresh air. All I wanted was to just go home. Normally I'd love to party, but I just wasn't feeling well.

I finished my drink quickly and walked back inside to find Zoey. After a few minutes of walking around, I saw her dancing with some random guy.

I grabbed another drink, leaned against the wall and took out my phone. I took a big sip.

"Hey! Come dance with us!", I heard. I looked up saw Zoey standing in front of me. I shook my head. "I'd rather just wait here." She looked confused. "What is up with you? You always like to party. But all you've done is, well, nothing actually", she said. "I know. I'm just not feeling so well. I'm sorry." She nodded. "Do you want me to take you home?", she asked. I shook my head. "It's not that far. I'll walk. Thanks." She pulled me into a hug. "Call me when you're home okay?", she said. I nodded. I grabbed another drink and walked away.

I walked along the beach, letting the cold water touch my bare feet.

I stopped by at the cafe and let myself in. Me and John were the only ones with a key. I turned on the coffee machine and made myself a double espresso with a big shot of liquor. I sat down in my booth, just enjoying the silence. There were a lot of people outside. There was a club right around the corner, so they're probably all drunk as hell.

I finished my espresso and put my cup in the sink. I turned off the machine and went outside to lock the doors. I walked away, not caring about all the people around me. But I soon bumped into someone.
"Fuck, I'm sorry", I said. "It's fine." I recognized that voice. I looked up and saw one of the most beautiful girls, once again.

Don't get me wrong but, our daughter is sharing that first place with her.

"Alex, right?", she said. I nodded. "Can't believe you still recognize me", I said and giggled. "How can I forget a pretty face like yours?", she said. I felt myself blushing a bit. She smiled at me.

"I'm on my way to a bar to meet some friends, would you like to join us?", she asked. "Sounds tempting. But I'm not feeling well. I was actually on my way home. Thanks for the offer tho." "Sure. I hope you feel better soon.

Will you be working tomorrow?", she asked shyly. I nodded. "Good. I might stop by." "Sounds good. See you tomorrow then", I said. "Yeah, see you tomorrow." She smiled at me and walked away.

--------

I got home and grabbed a bottle of bourbon. I didn't even bother to use a glass.

I walked up to my room and took a big sip of bourbon before I let myself fall on the bed. "Finally", I said to myself. I grabbed my phone and scrolled through Instagram and twitter for a while.

I took another big sip.

Zoey posted a lot of pictures from the party. It looked fun, but I was glad I was home.

"I didn't know you drank so much that night. Were you okay?"

Yeah I guess so haha. Don't really remember much from it.

I got out of bed and went into the bathroom. I opened the cabinet and took an aspirin. When I walked back to bed, my phone started buzzing. I grabbed my phone to see what it was. My heart immediately started beating faster when I saw it was a text from Demi.

"Hey! Maybe you're already asleep but oh well. I've been dying to ask you something. And now I've had enough drinks to finally ask y"

I was a bit confused about how the text ended. Then I got another text.
"Sorry I accidentally hit send lol. But never mind, I might ask you tomorrow. I've had too much to drink. I need to be sober for this. See you later :)"

I couldn't stop thinking about it. What was she going to ask me? Was it going to be something bad? Or something good?